joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been difficult to get a storm with an expansive precipitation shield this year. In fact, many of the SECS and MECS have featured the infamous sharp cutoff with very little QPF just west of the Delaware River since 2006. The Hudson Valley has also been a screw zone for many of the recent large events. Nonetheless, still a sold winter here with a consistent snowpack and a couple of moderate events, but still falling well short of its true potential.

Everyone should realize the seasonal pattern and expect no less, we are still at average for most seasonally. But the 4-8" and 12+" just aren't happening for us this year in this progressive pattern

Dude, I am telling you that mt holly nws has not hit a snow forecast in my town as of November.

They hit that forecast and nothing else.

Got lucky with my 2 inch fluff last week.

I need to know why.

I'm seriously looking forward to Spring now if anything to rid of repeated disappointments of busting. I still love tracking and seeing potential, but usually, when it's showtime, I mostly end up feeling disappointed one way or the other, with exceptions, but that's just it.....the rule has been disappointment. The best part of this winter has been tracking and managing to keep a healthy snowpack for a long time, so I really should not complain. But, man, I just cannot get rid of the bitter taste of so many underperforming systems here and I'm getting really tired of it.

What happen to the Good Ol' days when the euro showed a big storm 5 days out which would verify, the GFS was out to lunch till 12hrs before, and the NAM showed 168" of snow for the same storm?

Those were the days ha, lately the gfs/ukmet seem to be sniffing out storms 3-4 days out while the euro is out to lunch. Unfortunately none of them can seem to pin down the mesoscale details even within 24 hours.

Archived