SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley - 2014/15

snywx

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to change the subject for a minute, I cut some branches from my forsythia bushes about a week ago and brought them inside and put them in water. Nice way to get some free color during this extreme cold!

Nice, I'll have to try that. My earliest flower seeds are just germinating now in their 75F hothouse. Always a bittersweet time for the intrepid weenie.

Somehow, I kind of knew we would bust low on this one since last night. More than 3-4 inches did not seem real to me and that big gut instinct is proving to be correct. If the backside of the snowhole is just light stuff, we may not even get more than 2 inches, a pack refresher. I'm just going to "let it go". Like I said this morning, the sun was also a bad omen here. The snow shield looks kike a messy doughnut for crying out loud with that huge hole.

Somehow, I kind of knew we would bust low on this one since last night. More than 3-4 inches did not seem real to me and that big gut instinct is proving to be correct. If the backside of the snowhole is just light stuff, we may not even get more than 2 inches, a pack refresher. I'm just going to "let it go". Like I said this morning, the sun was also a bad omen here. The snow shield looks kike a messy doughnut for crying out loud with that huge hole.

agreed. Some people on here told me I was nuts when I spoke of this dry slot reaching us. Not only has it reached the hudson valley, and almost all of northern NJ ( east and west) ....it's now encroaching right into NYC

Yeah, my gut feeling looks to have been quite wrong. I was counting on this event taking on more characteristics of a traditional SWFE. Not canceling the storm just yet, but unless radar improves upwind, this is probably going to be a forgettable snowfall.

Yeah, my gut feeling looks to have been quite wrong. I was counting on this event taking on more characteristics of a traditional SWFE. Not canceling the storm just yet, but unless radar improves upwind, this is probably going to be a forgettable snowfall.

Well, it certainly looked like it would go that way. I'm wondering why all these intrusions of dry air with these systems of late.

Maybe 0.3" here in Northern Warren County with "very" light snow coming down. I can't imagine that the WSW issued by Mount Holly will verify here. Just a pathetic "storm" so far.

Awful. This dry slot looked like a big problem to me as per the 2pm radar. Most people told me not to worry, and that I was seeing it wrong, and it wouldn't affect us. Meanwhile....Ive been at 0.4 inches here in rockland and dryslotted for hour after hour.

Archived