SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Obs/Weenie disco thread for SWFE to coastal Feb 2

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intentional or not, I think slant sticking is the rule rather than the exception.

Either some like to see their town top the list, or the general public thinks we want to know the depth of the tallest drift in their backyard.

Long time lurker but first time poster.  I'm a meteorologist who lives 2 miles SE of Townsend.  I recorded 13.5" snow so far (still snowing lightly).  I too am dubious about the consistently high totals from Lunenburg.  Although I live only a mile and a half from the Lunenburg line, their totals are always 2 or more inches higher than mine.  I stick to standard snow measurement guidelines as closely as possible.  But without standing in the observer's yard and taking measurements myself, I can't vouch for the accuracy or inaccuracy of the Lunenburg ob.  I just eyeball a set of obs from a homogeneous region and toss the highest and lowest values from the set, then don't fret anymore.  Anyway, great stretch of storms.

Jesus dumping snow again when I looked out the window just now.

Yup. Radar has this plus it looks like whatever's still over Worcester swings east on its way out.

Brookline -- as Jerry stated -- at about 18" and if both bands do work, we hit 19" and maybe sniff 20" with a little luck.

Terrible pic since it's from inside a climbing gym(notice the wall in the top left corner? ;) )but you get the idea. Easily over an inch per hour stuff right now.

Will go with BOS +1.5" for a total as I was running about that much ahead of them at 1 PM and they seem to have been on the mark since then.

post-8652-0-83831600-1422926912_thumb.jp

Archived