SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Obs/Weenie disco thread for SWFE to coastal Feb 2

Damage In Tolland

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got absolutely RAKED here in CT from about 2-5 pm...absolute whiteout conditions!! Picked up another 5-6 inches during that time frame. That's what I thought the Blizzard last week would have looked like here...instead we got it this week.

Picked up 12inches of snow with this system...and wow what a Finish those last 3 hours, for that time it looked like NEMO from two years ago. As Ginxy and some of you others like to say...."Deep Deep Winter here for sure!!

Those of you in that band, we were in it here earlier, and it was amazing...heaviest snow of the season by far for my area!!  We picked up 6 inches in about 3 hours.  It was a true beast when it came through...made this storm one to remember here that's for sure.  If it wasn't for that, this wouldn't have been anything to write home about.  But boy did it deliver in the afternoon.

Cambridgeport. According to the local street thermometer, 12˚. S+, C&I dendrites when the wind isn't kicked up. Ripping, visibility <1/2 mi.

Side streets barely passable; main arteries plowed out but narrow and snowy/icy. Tomorrow should be interesting with temps down around the salt-doesn't-do-anything level.

post-11855-0-24457500-1422919541_thumb.j

Archived