• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Obs/Weenie disco thread for SWFE to coastal Feb 2

Damage In Tolland

They want to try to do the rolling rally tomorrow? You would think they would want to give crews a bit more time to clear snow.

Much of it has to do with the players just wanting to go to their parts of the country and be done with the season.  There is a short time period when you have everyone together still, before everyone just breaks off and continues with the off season.

I remember hearing that before. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You wonder if schools have to close again tomorrow.Digging out from another 15-20?

My building sits on a hill with a half mile driveway. They get 24" last week. The banks up that long winding drive were already massive and the driveway was very narrow. On Thursday it was basically a car and a half wide which was roughy they a,de it wider on Arthur's and Friday.

Can imagine it tomorrow if they get another 20" which is likely

No signs of lightning nearby on my favorite lightning live-tracking website http://www.blitzortung.org/Webpages/index.php?lang=en&page_0=30  I am assuming you do need lightning to generate the thunder in thundersnow?

The snow has been thickening up nicely over the last 30 minutes, looks like that death band is about to start rolling over my head. I think it's time to go sit in the sunroom (there's no sun - so is it a snowroom instead?) and watch :)

The bands are rotting out over southern RI.  So far unremarkable.  And I have my doubts the bands in CT will survive the trek eastward.  I can only imagine if Cory lived down here!!

HRR/RAP have a break in E MA/RI for a little bit in the next hour or so before the finale around 6-7 PM as the back end of the banding moves through. Maybe some lighter stuff on the back edge of that.

Archived