• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Superbowl Snowstorm Thread Part 3

TugHillMatt

Yeah the winds are not as strong as GHD, 18" was also the max in the blizzard watch text before that storm...pretty cool and amazing to get it again on the anniversary

yeah...the original GHD had a howl (with the heavy snow) that I think will be tough to ever match...but this version is certainly an amazing system and highly impactful

• Replies 987
  • Created
  • Last Reply

6"+ so far, from what I can tell. Haven't measured yet.  Was going to post some photos, but they didn't turn out, so on my first break, I'll step outside and shoot a few.  

Already shoveled once, and by the time I was done, at least another inch had covered what I cleared..... 

thanks. I grew up just outside of Ann Arbor in dixboro. Man would I love to be there right now!

Yep, I moved here 9 years ago and I think this is going to be the Big One for this area for years to come - certainly since I lived here. There is good model agreement on an impressively wide swath of foot+ totals in the both global and short run hires models right now. 0.9"-1" QPF over next 18-24 hours, and better than 10:1 ratios likely to prevail.

Yeah difference with this storm is that the bulk of it is during the day. Which is cool can you can actually see what's going on. And the wind is howling like a few have mentioned. Definitely drifting out there though.

Have only seen the snow plow out this morning and maybe one truck.

Love this in the DTX update:

ALL INCOMING MODEL DATA CONTINUES TO POINT AT THE PEAK OF THE EVENT WITHIN THE 4 PM TO MIDNIGHT TIME FRAME ... skip a bit ...TRAVEL SHOULD BE AVOIDED...ESPECIALLY DURING THE PEAK OF THE EVENT DURING THE LATE AFTERNOON THROUGH THE EVENING.

Good luck with that considering all the Super Bowl parties ... :lmao:

Ripping in Des Moines

KDSM 011654Z 03018G25KT 1/4SM R31/2000V2400FT +SN FZFG VV008 M05/M07 A2988 RMK AO2 PK WND 02031/1629 SLP130 SNINCR 2/10 P0001 T10501072

Up to 7" at MKE

KMKE 011652Z 06023G30KT 1/4SM R01L/2400V3000FT SN BLSN FZFG VV009 M05/M07 A3001 RMK AO2 PK WND 05030/1643 TWR VIS 1/2 SLP172 SNINCR 1/7 P0005 T10501072

6"+ so far, from what I can tell. Haven't measured yet.  Was going to post some photos, but they didn't turn out, so on my first break, I'll step outside and shoot a few.  

Already shoveled once, and by the time I was done, at least another inch had covered what I cleared.....

How's your gut today?:)

0.09" precip at LAF last hour (0.08" the hour before). Not bad. Just spitting snow now though as we've entered the dry slot. Unfortunately, stuff out west on ILX's radar looks to miss well north of here.

METAR KLAF 011554Z 10007KT 1/4SM +SN FZFG VV005 M01/M01 A2983 RMK AO2 SLP107 P0008 T10061006

METAR KLAF 011654Z 10009KT 1/2SM SN FG OVC004 00/M01 A2979 RMK AO2 SLP092 P0009 T00001006

Wonder if DTX is even mauling a BW????  Doesn't matter to me as this storm is what it is regardless of the NWS warnings but I know for some it is a big deal to get an actual BW posted by the NWS.

Latest WSW update said gusts to 30MPH and 1"/hr rates later in afternoon. That is tantalizingly close to blizzard criteria. Depending on how next few hours unfold, I don't think it's out of the question for an upgrade for the southern 2 or 3 tiers, but they play it pretty conservatively.

Latest WSW update said gusts to 30MPH and 1"/hr rates later in afternoon. That is tantalizingly close to blizzard criteria. Depending on how next few hours unfold, I don't think it's out of the question for an upgrade for the southern 2 or 3 tiers, but they play it pretty conservatively.

I really doubt DTX goes full panic mode and issues a blizzard warning, especially since the last two times they did, it didn't quite pan out, but regardless it will be nasty this evening and all signs point to a top-tier snowstorm for the area.

Archived