Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

Funny article from Kentucky.......

HARLAN, Ky. -- The cold might not bother Disney's Queen Elsa, but it's wreaking enough havoc in Kentucky that a police department announced a joke warrant for the popular "Frozen" character's arrest.
Police in the small, rural town of Harlan posted a Facebook message Wednesday about Elsa.
They wrote: "Suspect is a blonde female last seen wearing a long blue dress and is known to burst into song `Let it Go!' As you can see by the weather she is very dangerous."
Police soon posted another message, telling residents that all kidding aside, they should take the weather seriously and be careful.
A massive system dropped more than a foot of snow in parts of Kentucky. Bitterly cold temperatures moved in Wednesday night and were likely to stay for several days.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HARLAN, Ky. -- The cold might not bother Disney's Queen Elsa, but it's wreaking enough havoc in Kentucky that a police department announced a joke warrant for the popular "Frozen" character's arrest.

Police in the small, rural town of Harlan posted a Facebook message Wednesday about Elsa.

They wrote: "Suspect is a blonde female last seen wearing a long blue dress and is known to burst into song `Let it Go!' As you can see by the weather she is very dangerous."

Police soon posted another message, telling residents that all kidding aside, they should take the weather seriously and be careful.

A massive system dropped more than a foot of snow in parts of Kentucky. Bitterly cold temperatures moved in Wednesday night and were likely to stay for several days.

Hope the Crowder's got the message!

Copycat

http://myfox8.com/2015/02/15/arrest-warrant-issued-for-groundhog/

However help has been offered.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ski-resort-offers-asylum-punxsutawney-phil-police-issue/story?id=28972792

FAB FEB GUYS. FAB FREAKIN' FEB. Remember I'm not jumping until March 15th. Let's end this one with a bang! Hoping next Wed/Thursday produces! I'm so busy though I'm not going to be able to track, I'll let CR/Burger/Pack/etc work their pbp magic. Here's to hoping we get one guys! BTW this weekend system looks meh compared to the opportunities we have near 2/25 and 2/28 to end the month. Now this looks like a pattern.

Schools are closed yet again tomorrow for an inch of sleet Monday night. It is going to be interestingn to see what happens if we ever have a cold winter with multiple winter storms. The kids may have to repeat their grades.

likely due to wind chills...

Still stunned we didnt sniff a -AO all winter, if you would have told me back in Dec we would go Dec-Feb with a solid +AO/+NAO for all three months I would have lost a lot of money. I am not sure if there has been a strong +PDO/+ENSO winter that has done that. We are setting records here. Atleast we learned the SAI is pure garbage...

Also, atleast for RDU, the past several nino's have really sucked on average. 03 and 10 wee climo, but with 95, 98, 05, 07 and now 15 we sucked big time. I sure hope we don't have a nino next year, strong odds favor a well below avg winter for snow.

Still stunned we didnt sniff a -AO all winter, if you would have told me back in Dec we would go Dec-Feb with a solid +AO/+NAO for all three months I would have lost a lot of money. I am not sure if there has been a strong +PDO/+ENSO winter that has done that. We are setting records here. Atleast we learned the SAI is pure garbage...

Also, atleast for RDU, the past several nino's have really sucked on average. 03 and 10 wee climo, but with 95, 98, 05, 07 and now 15 we sucked big time. I sure hope we don't have a nino next year, strong odds favor a well below avg winter for snow.

Never fear.  The averages will soon begin to move toward reality.

Anyone else here been blocked from DT's Facebook page? He called me and idiot and a moron when I told him no way would the Triad get 4-6 inches (what his map is showing). Then when everyone started calling him out on how he was wrong, he got mad and deleted all of my comments and blocked me. Lol! Dang it. Where am I going to go for entertainment now?!

Anyone else here been blocked from DT's Facebook page? He called me and idiot and a moron when I told him no way would the Triad get 4-6 inches (what his map is showing). Then when everyone started calling him out on how he was wrong, he got mad and deleted all of my comments and blocked me. Lol! Dang it. Where am I going to go for entertainment now?!

He didn't block me but he did say I was wish casting (see sig) on an event when he had rain. He's not a good NC forecaster let's put it that way...haha

Wow. All I know is that his replies sounded borderline psychotic. Have you ever seen that cartoon showing a person sitting behind a computer screen banging their hands on their keyboard until they are bloody and then smashing their head into the monitor? Yeah that's what I was envisioning in my head as to what he was doing. Oh well.. Carry on!

fixed!

I think he mainly suffers from having to cater too much to his audience. He's actually pretty good for overall pattern and VA...however once he starts trying to do the south and NE he usually doesn't fare well. He only does that to keep his brand going which is understandable but unfortunate. When it comes to winter weather if you're calling for snow people will forgive you if it doesn't pan out. I think he understands that and just throws caution to the wind. 

Archived