Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol you are probably right.

He may be, but if it does, it means wet and that means no drought for the summer, which means more storms and maybe a good pattern going into the fall. That's kinda what happened in 2013 and then we had the winter of 2014. I know there were many other factors, but I'll say that a cool, wet summer is usually a good sign for winter.

Even if it isn't much it would be cool.to have some thundersnow I think next week will be good. Maybe a big dog to end winter.

First of all, you aren't getting thunder snow because I said so. Second of all, why do you think next week will be good? Third of all, why do you think we will end winter with a big dog? Fourth of all, is is because HKY_WX said that? Fifth of all, just because he is buying a big dog at the end of the winter doesn't mean you have to buy one to end winter as well? Sixth of all, you could buy a small b**ch to end the winter instead of a big dog right, it could save you a few hundred bucks? Seventh of all, can you please shut the hell up?

"The mayor of Boston is urging cabin fever-crazed residents to stop hurling themselves from their windows into snowbanks.

This isn’t Loon Mountain, this is the city of Boston, where we’re trying to remove snow off of the street and it becomes very dangerous,” Walsh said."

I wouldn't mind living on Loon Mountain for a winter.

First of all, you aren't getting thunder snow because I said so. Second of all, why do you think next week will be good? Third of all, why do you think we will end winter with a big dog? Fourth of all, is is because HKY_WX said that? Fifth of all, just because he is buying a big dog at the end of the winter doesn't mean you have to buy one to end winter as well? Sixth of all, you could buy a small b**ch to end the winter instead of a big dog right, it could save you a few hundred bucks? Seventh of all, can you please shut the hell up?

:lol:   :lol:  :lol: 

BTW these are free to the public: http://weather.graphics/hrrr/hrrr_gif.php

Wake and surrounding counties have been hit by this band for the last 24+ hours on all the modeling, even the WRF ARW/NMM aka RPM, so I can't see this changing today. Folks living in Wake, Harnett, and surrounding counties in Central NC have your video ready once it starts pouring look out for a chance at rare thundersnow! I've never heard it so I'm excited here. :underthewx::snowing:

If I get thundersnow, I am going to freak out worse than Cantore.

I tell you the icestorm was one for the record books really for northeast ga. At one point 225,000 were without power. That's a lot but what makes that really incredible was that was without atlanta itself getting ice.. Instead it only managed to get into the northern burbs. It certainly was one of the most damaging. Here is a quote that stood out

Capt. Joe Carter of the Hall County Sheriff’s Office said most of the main roads had been cleared, but back roads still presented problems for drivers.

“In 34 years, this is the most significant damage I have seen personally as far as the downed trees and the amount of power lines and problems that we’ve had related to the ice on the trees,” Carter said.

another quote from another article..which covers the area below

According to Jackson EMC's website, more than 62,000 of their customers were without power as of 8:00 a.m. today, representing one of the worst ice storms in the cooperative's history

map_area.jpg

If the quote from carter is accurate, that beats a hell of a lot of ice storms. A friend of mine in gainesville, who is still without power as of this morning,  pretty much mirrored those sentiments. She had been there is 98 and it was the worst in terms of damage she has seen. At one point nearly 80% of hall county was without power. As bad as that is, the damage in dawson county/dawsonville has been described by local media as being the worst..which is saying something considering what my friend told me gainesville looked like. As I said earlier, in terms of my own tree damage this is the worst i've had. 

Pretty incredible in it's own right but when you consider every major model not only said it would be rain but it would be a 35 to 40 degree rain..it's really insane.

Anywho, I sure hope those without power get it today. It's not just an inconvenience, it's actually life threatening with the cold coming in.

haters-going-to-hate.gif

12z gfs is quickly dismissing next weeks system. Looks like this winter is done for me. Good bye.

Well, I guess that means we go the entire winter without a single sleet pellet, snowflake, or freezing rain. Never seen that before. Even in the horrible winter of 2011-12. Thank God I drove to KY and saw snow.

I tell you the icestorm was one for the record books really for northeast ga. At one point 225,000 were without power. That's a lot but what makes that really incredible was that was without atlanta itself getting ice.. Instead it only managed to get into the northern burbs. It certainly was one of the most damaging. Here is a quote that stood out

Capt. Joe Carter of the Hall County Sheriff’s Office said most of the main roads had been cleared, but back roads still presented problems for drivers.

“In 34 years, this is the most significant damage I have seen personally as far as the downed trees and the amount of power lines and problems that we’ve had related to the ice on the trees,” Carter said.

another quote from another article..which covers the area below

According to Jackson EMC's website, more than 62,000 of their customers were without power as of 8:00 a.m. today, representing one of the worst ice storms in the cooperative's history

map_area.jpg

If the quote from carter is accurate, that beats a hell of a lot of ice storms. A friend of mine in gainesville, who is still without power as of this morning,  pretty much mirrored those sentiments. She had been there is 98 and it was the worst in terms of damage she has seen. At one point nearly 80% of hall county was without power. As bad as that is, the damage in dawson county/dawsonville has been described by local media as being the worst..which is saying something considering what my friend told me gainesville looked like. As I said earlier, in terms of my own tree damage this is the worst i've had. 

Pretty incredible in it's own right but when you consider every major model not only said it would be rain but it would be a 35 to 40 degree rain..it's really insane.

Anywho, I sure hope those without power get it today. It's not just an inconvenience, it's actually life threatening with the cold coming in.

Is there alot of ice remaining there? There is alot of wind forcasted with this front. They mentioned gusts of 45+ for my area, even mentioning snow flurries.

Archived