SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This. What a potential disaster this could be tomorrow across central NC. Day After Tomorrow type event! Flash freezing everywhere in the middle of rush hour. Thank goodness schools are already out in many places.

Be prepared folks! Southern housing is not insulated for this weather and your heat pump will NOT keep up. Close foundation vents. Open cabinet doors on wet walls to let the heat into your cabinets and walls. Shut off any valves to exterior faucets. Even the smallest amount of water will crack pipes at zero and below. Take care of pets too!

I know this may sound like an overeaction, but if you think I am overreacting then I would lay money on you not being prepared. You wont see 32 degrees again for 3 days. Many of you wont see 25!

I hate this kind of cold but what an amazing event this will be to track tomorrow.

Prepare ship for ludicrous speed! Fasten all seatbelts, seal all entrances and exits, close all shops in the mall, cancel the three ring circus, secure all animals in the zoo!

I slept like **** last night due to a cold starting, I kid you not, pretty much when the snow started falling. I've been inside all day and now I'm getting punchy.

Sorry man. I have felt like I've had one coming on all day. Scratchy throat and slight cough. I never sleep well the night of a winter storm. I wake up every couple of hours and look out the window like a kid looking for Santa Claus to see if it's either still going or started yet.

Hope you feel better.

Sorry man. I have felt like I've had one coming on all day. Scratchy throat and slight cough. I never sleep well the night of a winter storm. I wake up every couple of hours and look out the window like a kid looking for Santa Claus to see if it's either still going or started yet.

That's the one. It's actually better this evening now that the scratchy throat and swallowing has decreased. That tends to be how my colds go these days. Sucks for about a day or so and then it's just a nuissance for another 7 days. Glad I'm still young.

I know what you mean about sleep. Thankfully, most of this was done by the time I went to bed around 1, so I didn't feel like I was missing out. I also made sure to get good sleep Sunday night. At least then I was convinced we were going to have a marginal ZR storm.

And send the weenies to the moon.

Apparently brick is the most famous snow weenie in the world.  I am not even kidding, I met some random people who happened to enjoy the weather a month ago.  In our conversations they brought up Brick and at the time I remembered hearing the name before but only a week or so ago I realized it was this brick...pretty cool

and hipster apartment complexes. Many new tall apartment towers in the works for downtown. (including a tower that is next to and 7 stories taller than the "CCB" tower)

I don't get why they think that tower will be a good idea. Parking is already getting tight and there appears to be none new in development. It will be totally out of place with respect to Durham's grungy architecture style, and who the hell wants high rise condos in a second-rate city anyway? That's more of a Raleigh or Charlotte thing.

Archived