Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I post VERY infrequently, mainly in the banter thread if I do. I have been lurking and learning (what a phrase hahaha) for over 4 years now. I can't begin to tell you posters how valuable and educational this forum is. I want to thank all of you who post for your time and valuable insights. I also want to take a second to tell folks who haven't done so to donate to this site. If you enjoy this site as much as I, it's the least you can do. Carry on!

I post VERY infrequently, mainly in the banter thread if I do. I have been lurking and learning (what a phrase hahaha) for over 4 years now. I can't begin to tell you posters how valuable and educational this forum is. I want to thank all of you who post for your time and valuable insights. I also want to take a second to tell folks who haven't done so to donate to this site. If you enjoy this site as much as I, it's the least you can do. Carry on!

Well said, I'm in the same boat as you! Thanks to everyone in this forum!! :clap:

I really is the least you can do.

To Mag and Qwerty and others in that same boat, I would like to thank you all for posting obs during storms. There are lots of folks that don't post a lot but show up in obs threads during events. I used to have to look at the radar or wait for hourly NWS updates or rely on TV mets to see what was happening where. All of you who post obs make that picture much, much clearer. Thank you all for that!

To Mag and Qwerty and others in that same boat, I would like to thank you all for posting obs during storms. There are lots of folks that don't post a lot but show up in obs threads during events. I used to have to look at the radar or wait for hourly NWS updates or rely on TV mets to see what was happening where. All of you who post obs make that picture much, much clearer. Thank you all for that!

Agreed. It's also helpful when tracking changeover or virga.

So --- Wednesday is calling for mostly sunny with a chance of snow showers. Got it.

Wednesday A chance of snow showers after 1pm. Mostly sunny, with a high near 36. Calm wind becoming southwest 5 to 7 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

The sledding is epic out there today. The only problem is the stopping. My kids haven't quite mastered that yet on the pure ice.

Yeah it was nuts.  We have had those old time wooden sleds with the metal rails for years now and haven't been able to use them.  They were awesome today, I almost threw them away last fall.

I think I've had enough sleet the last two years to last a lifetime.  For those not wanting fzrn we got lucky that alot of the the precip fell as sleet in the upstate.  Personally, I love fzrn and have been fascinated with it since the destructive one we had when I was younger and again in 2005.  So for me personally, that's two years in a row I've been screwed by sleet.  Now if we could just get one of the big gulf fetches going when we have a traditional cad we would be in business (yeah right lol).  I did end up with 1/3" accretion.  The power flickered a few times and I saw some transformers lighting up the sky prob a couple miles away.

RGEM progged 15mm consistently.  Euro was about that too.  Obviously the 1"+ NAM stuff it spits out was to much, again.  Can NCEP just purchase the RGEM to replace the NAM.

Meh, all of the modeling was too high here.  The Euro was the closest.  Even the RGEM bumped us up to 0.75"+ totals during the final run or two before the event.  The GFS was generally the highest and the NAM was usually in the 0.75-1" range.  The SREF was around 0.60" up until the final few runs before the storm, when it bumped up to 0.8"+.

Archived