• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

I don't really have a good explanation for why we went over to sleet so soon except that it always sleets here so why not.

I'd chip in some money for a balloon right now to see what's going on. Someone make it happen!

Yeah, it is a letdown.  We probably got 1/4-1/2" SN before the changeover.  It was coming down pretty good there for a little bit, at least.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It really seems all planned and fake now. The first time he saw it way back in the day, I believe he was genuinely surprised and excited. Now, every reaction is more dramatic and exaggerated. It feels like they discuss it beforehand and try to make it a purposeful reaction so they can use it for promos and such.

He is such a weenie but it could go the other way to fake/planned. Something still tells me he's really excited just because of how many happened in one take. He doubled his thundersnow live moments with one storm in one location. I think that's what made him go nuts. But I can see it your way as well.

lol you posted the same thing two days ago. Hope it comes, dolleywood opens in about a month.

I did?  Good, then there is some consistency with the modeling.  Here are a couple of more, the winter is coming to an end....one more week or so of watching another potential event fall apart then party time...woohoo.... :sun:

post-2311-0-63984800-1424131026_thumb.pn

post-2311-0-32827400-1424131029_thumb.pn

I did?  Good, then there is some consistency with the modeling.  Here are a couple of more, the winter is coming to an end....one more week or so of watching another potential event fall apart then party time...woohoo.... :sun:

what model inside 5 days has verified?

and if summer comes early  ....

..... maybe next winter comes strong .....

Hey Folks, I have a cousin in Willow Springs and I was gonna try to convince her and her Husband to take off work tomorrow

(they said "no work , no pay" I'm thinking  "crashed car = >probs" then 1 day w/out pay but I don't have a good handle on weather down there.

Is it looking like they are on the line between sleet and heavier Freezing rain or what? Thank you

Hey Folks, I have a cousin in Willow Springs and I was gonna try to convince her and her Husband to take off work tomorrow

(they said "no work , no pay" I'm thinking "crashed car = >probs" then 1 day w/out pay but I don't have a good handle on weather down there.

Is it looking like they are on the line between sleet and heavier Freezing rain or what? Thank you

What's up man?! Hope you've been well. The roads will be treacherous tomorrow. They should stay home if they can.

Hides Head. UGAZ ...

I know roads will be horrible, but any consensus on whether 10 or so miles south of RDU is FZRN or to borderline a call?

10 miles south of RDU is going to be all frozen, and a lot of it, if the radar will ever fill in. According to all of the guidance we can understand and all of the official sources, it should be mostly ZR with .25-.50 accums.

UGAZ should roll next week. :)

Archived