Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The local weather geeks have been telling you all along what to expect. You live 6 miles South of I-85.

I sit 6 miles North of I-85 where it is currently 28 and cloudy.

WYFF have been very consistent saying this is going to be a problem North of I-85.

Actually Sat and Sun, atleast through 6 o'clock news last night, Cessarich and Justice were saying whole viewing area would start as snow , then quickly change to sleet and freezing rain!

This AM , was the first time I heard 85 N, from any of them! Now with partly cloudy skies, the late February sun angle FTL

Actually Sat and Sun, atleast through 6 o'clock news last night, Cessarich and Justice were saying whole viewing area would start as snow , then quickly change to sleet and freezing rain!

This AM , was the first time I heard 85 N, from any of them! Now with partly cloudy skies, the late February sun angle FTL[/quotye]

Yep. Yesterday I was preparing for a possible significant ice storm and this morning it looks like minimal ice and a lot of rain so I am a little disappointed, but that happens around here. At least I will be warm and have power. Congrats to all those getting sneet and those in the ice bulls eye I hope it's not too bad. Onwards!

No, I don't want an ice storm if it means losing power. You don't know me. So stop being a jerk and saying you know what I want.

You are going to be bitching if you get rain. Your power lines are underground. Hell if I was were you were, I would have a blast in that ice storm knowing my power lines were underground.

This AM , was the first time I heard 85 N, from any of them! Now with partly cloudy skies, the late February sun angle FTL

that is true....they put it on facebook as well.

We do have a chance down here? The wind is ENE , and not warming as quickly as it should with sun and dp of 1! I think precip may be here by 2, just looking at ATL radar? Guess we could wetbulb , but that newest NAM looks amazing, even counting sleet as snow, that's a good bit S of anything I seen

We do have a chance down here? The wind is ENE , and not warming as quickly as it should with sun and dp of 1! I think precip may be here by 2, just looking at ATL radar? Guess we could wetbulb , but that newest NAM looks amazing, even counting sleet as snow, that's a good bit S of anything I seen

Hey neighbor! Bring home the snow (or sleet), would ya? :) 

Yup, I would definitely be glad if DT was on point with this one.  Unfortunately, I give it less than 5% probability. :(

I am sitting here watching the radar on the edge of my seat, My girlfriend thinks I am borderline psycho for constantly being on here tracking these storms. She, in turn, is staying at her place in Burlington the next few nights lol.

I'm so sick of looking at dozens of model maps that contradict each other in either subtle or significant ways.  It's way past that point.  I'm just going to look at the radar and out the window until this is over.

Edit:  I meant to post this pointless comment in the banter thread instead of obs.  Thanks for moving it, jburns.

Archived