Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is setting up for a disaster in the metro ATL. I got the feeling nobody has learned any lessons from the issues last year. The combo of a holiday weekend and this storm arriving as early as mid day Monday is going to catch a large % of folks unprepared. Folks in my office building are clueless to even the threat.

This is setting up for a disaster in the metro ATL. I got the feeling nobody has learned any lessons from the issues last year. The combo of a holiday weekend and this storm arriving as early as mid day Monday is going to catch a large % of folks unprepared. Folks in my office building are clueless to even the threat.

Hopefully school systems and counties will shutdown Tuesday and release early Monday. Most schools don't have school Monday.

This is what it's all about.  Got a storm brewing, got some beer to drink for this weekend while I sit around watching College basketball and models.  Feels good to have a possible winter storm rolling through the S.E. in the next 96.  Not a feeling we've felt in a while.

I am looking forward to watching the chatter on here this weekend as well. I'm also looking forward to the first brave met to post a first call map too. I love seeing those and feel when all is said and done there should be a prize for the closest match. I have been around since 2007 and I think this has been the dullest winter to watch unfold. I say bring it on. I hope we see more 1st call maps show up rather than cliff divers. It will be sad if that starts happening. Let the snow gods bless someone in the SE please!

If that image doesn't point out what happens near the Nuclear Plant...nothing will. It's the craziest thing. I personally think it's also combined with the mountains. It just causes an unusual weather occurrence for snow.

It's becoming self aware!  Reminded me of 2004 when I was in Clemson.  Good thing I'm in Spartanburg now, or maybe not good for people in Spartanburg hoping for snow!  lol

26Feb_snowmap.png

Archived