SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Throwing these out into the atmosphere so maybe the snow gods will pick up on them....remember the good ol days? Check out the hours on these images...138, 84, 78hrs out...I miss those times. Ah, the nostalgia.

ecmwf_tsnow_nc_14.png

12z_nam.png

YMN0b.gif

That second map just ruined my day. I had never been so excited for a snowstorm and then get nothing.

Finally found some good news for winter weather lovers in the east, from our pal JB!!!

In addition I am on record as saying 3 of the next 5 winters will be warm in the east, with cold dominating the west.

So we got a shot next few winters of getting some snow!!!

So, at least in Georgia, this winter will end up being warm. I guess that means 2 out of the next 4 winters will be warm. Or did he mean 3 out of the next 5 winters after this winter ?

I have pictures of so many snow, ice events through the years I would sneek and take on the wife's camera out in the back yard. She has them crammed in a shoe box, unless kids where in them. Anyway this year won't have a pic unless I take one of the frost one morning. How pathetic.

Suggestion.  Get the family together and head to a Dairy Queen.  Buy everyone a large blizzard and take a group photo of the blizzards of 2015.  It will become a valued family heirloom.  :)

Finally found some good news for winter weather lovers in the east, from our pal JB!!!

In addition I am on record as saying 3 of the next 5 winters will be warm in the east, with cold dominating the west.

So we got a shot next few winters of getting some snow!!!

He nailed our winter forecast this year, so....

People say he doesn't care about people South of the NE, but yet he puts out forecasts for the whole country, so it's a poor met, IMO , if you put out a forecast for the whole country, and say you nailed it , because you got one quadrant right, would and should be bad for business !

Thanks. I couldn't think of anything worthwhile posting recently due to lack of true threats though there are still none as of yet. If no threats appear soon, my posting may remain limited. Hopefully, that will change soon.

Hopefully things do change. Because we missed your insight.

Glad Larry posted those dates earlier.  Matches up perfect with my 10-19 thoughts.  I think that will be the best chance for us.  I'm happy the models are pretty empty for that period currently.

I think it would worry me more if the models had something for that period. Because you know for sure it wouldn't happen if the models had something.

I think it would worry me more if the models had something for that period. Because you know for sure it wouldn't happen if the models had something.

The funny thing about that.. is it can be seen as a "superstition" or "weenie comment", but I'm 100% with you with that statement.  I do not want to see anything showing up for the period until 5 or less days out.  The less is better the way the storms have shown up to just disappear this year.

I saw some runs here and there with something close/light during the period already.  Thankfully it's not really just "bang" yet.

Too many major ice/snows have happened here in KCAE on those dates.. and the ATL numbers look great.

:) for the weatherpersons! :thumbsup:

Wouldn't it be something if our biggest accumulation this winter came from hail? :D :D :D

THE LATEST GFS BUFR SOUNDINGS ARE
SHOWING STEEPENING LAPSE RATES MONDAY AFTERNOON JUST BEHIND THE
FRONT... WITH ARRIVAL OF THE DEEPENING TROUGH AND COLDER AIR ALOFT.
WE COULD SEE SOME INSTABILITY SHOWERS/ISOLATED THUNDERSTORM
DEPENDING ON THE AMOUNT OF MOISTURE... WHICH COULD EVEN PRODUCE SOME
SOME HAIL OR GRAUPEL.

The funny thing about that.. is it can be seen as a "superstition" or "weenie comment", but I'm 100% with you with that statement.  I do not want to see anything showing up for the period until 5 or less days out.  The less is better the way the storms have shown up to just disappear this year.

I saw some runs here and there with something close/light during the period already.  Thankfully it's not really just "bang" yet.

Too many major ice/snows have happened here in KCAE on those dates.. and the ATL numbers look great.

Yes, you can forget anything that has shown up for the first time outside 7 days on the models. It's not going to happen. Just a mirage, smoke and mirrors. I don't know what has been causing the models to show threats over and over again between 7 and 10 days out only for them to disappear the next day, but they have been horrible this year. I wouldn't take anything seriously now unless it showed up for the first time inside 7 days. Inside 5 days would probably be safer.

He nailed our winter forecast this year, so....

People say he doesn't care about people South of the NE, but yet he puts out forecasts for the whole country, so it's a poor met, IMO , if you put out a forecast for the whole country, and say you nailed it , because you got one quadrant right, would and should be bad for business !

I agree, He had us 133% of normal snow! Yep he forecast for the whole country, But I don't think I have heard him mention the SE this winter on a video??? lol  My guess is there is nothing to mention, no action!!! If there was a storm threat here he would be talking about it. But yes it looks as though he's going to BUST big time in the SE..... But So has a lot of our SE Mets BUSTED big time too!  They pretty much was predicting the same thing JB was for the SE so if we going to call them out let's call all of them out that has seemly busted and be fair about it... (But one big storm is all it would take for them to verify).  Just goes to show you LR forecasting is flip of the coin! JMHO :)   All any met would ever need to do is predict below normal snow in the SE and they will hit at least 90% of the time probably!!!   I haven't heard him say He's nailed the winter forecast yet? I watch his video just about everyday. This morning he talked about how he has missed it in the plains this winter so far, he didn't think they would stay that warn so long, but it's going to finish cold there he thinks... He admits he wrong a lot on his videos when he misses...

Yes, you can forget anything that has shown up for the first time outside 7 days on the models. It's not going to happen. Just a mirage, smoke and mirrors. I don't know what has been causing the models to show threats over and over again between 7 and 10 days out only for them to disappear the next day, but they have been horrible this year. I wouldn't take anything seriously now unless it showed up for the first time inside 7 days. Inside 5 days would probably be safer.

The models do this every year, though.

I agree, He had us 133% of normal snow! Yep he forecast for the whole country, But I don't think I have heard him mention the SE this winter on a video??? lol My guess is there is nothing to mention, no action!!! If there was a storm threat here he would be talking about it. But yes it looks as though he's going to BUST big time in the SE..... But So has a lot of our SE Mets BUSTED big time too! They pretty much was predicting the same thing JB was for the SE so if we going to call them out let's call all of them out that has seemly busted and be fair about it... (But one big storm is all it would take for them to verify). Just goes to show you LR forecasting is flip of the coin! JMHO :) All any met would ever need to do is predict below normal snow in the SE and they will hit at least 90% of the time probably!!!

Agree with last line completely !

I really feel bad for The Old Farmers Almanac!

They had articles in Oct stating Nov-Feb atleast would be 4-5 degrees below each month and could be even colder!! Now that's a hard bust!!!

Archived