Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Fab February Banter

mackerel_sky

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what if:

Convection along the Gulf (generated by the vort in the upper left) created a cyclonic potential vorticity anomaly, which would in turn result in wave amplification downstream and stronger westward moisture advection. The PV max would then merge with the developing offshore low, producing an instantly occluding, rapidly strengthening storm (top right), which would effectively draw in colder air (bottom right).

post-987-0-99790900-1423002107_thumb.gif

We're only 48 hours away, ladies and gentlemen. Get your shovels ready!

Rossby wave and tropical cyclone recurve to save the winter!!

With the GFS look, it would be cold and dry, and the GFS can't get a storm right here in the US , 3 days out, how is it picking up on a cyclone out in the Pacific to forecast 11-15 days out ?

LOL, good point. Sounds like a Nov repeat, recurving cyclone.

Another win for the GFS over the Euro WRT the Thursday storm. You guys were doubting that upgrade and its kicking the Euro's butt! GFS ain't playin this year.

I like the new GFS over the old one, but for the southeast, the Euro was much better with the idea of the trailing wave not digging as far southwest and this being largely a dry frontal passage over the interior southeast.

I like the new GFS over the old one, but for the southeast, the Euro was much better with the idea of the trailing wave not digging as far southwest and this being largely a dry frontal passage over the interior southeast.

Yep, you are correct. I was actually falling for the GFS when it was showing a snowstorm for me on Friday. :lol:

Hey guys, if you aren't busy at 8:30, come watch this livestream about the science behind tornado forecasting. I will be watching.

Yep, you are correct. I was actually falling for the GFS when it was showing a snowstorm for me on Friday. :lol:

Hey guys, if you aren't busy at 8:30, come watch this livestream about the science behind tornado forecasting. I will be watching.

heck yeah man I'll be watching too, thanks for the heads up!

So how realistic is next Tues looking on the euro and gfs folks?  layman minds want to know.   :nerdsmiley:

past 8 runs of the euro all have a solid signal with a low off or near the sc coast.  gfs at 18z finally showed a semblance of a storm.  we will see if the 00z suite continues to sniff something out.

Archived