SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now where have I heard this before...oh wait, everywhere...all season long... :P

I hope we can finally break through but I refuse to be on the emotional roller coaster leading up to it lol

One more week with no snow and your index will be elevated to a 9, and if the next threat teases then ends up a southern slider screw-job, full tilt 10.

Spring! I seem to recall you being an avid gardener. Garlic iirc?

Yup! You? Garlic went in the ground in early November; onions, beets, and brassicas are planted in March; and tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and herbs in late April or so (depending on the long-range weather look). I don't have a ton of space, but I'd like to think that I get a pretty good harvest out of it. I'm hoping my peach and plum trees don't get zapped again by extended cool shots after blossom this year. That sucked last year!

I haven't been as on top of things since the garlic went in, as I'm getting up to speed with home brewing and devoting my spare time to learning about that. I'm sure, though, that once the days get even longer and the warm southwest breezes begin, I'll really get the itch once again.

Yup! You? Garlic went in the ground in early November; onions, beets, and brassicas are planted in March; and tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and herbs in late April or so (depending on the long-range weather look). I don't have a ton of space, but I'd like to think that I get a pretty good harvest out of it. I'm hoping my peach and plum trees don't get zapped again by extended cool shots after blossom this year. That sucked last year!

I haven't been as on top of things since the garlic went in, as I'm getting up to speed with home brewing and devoting my spare time to learning about that. I'm sure, though, that once the days get even longer and the warm southwest breezes begin, I'll really get the itch once again.

You grow pumpkins at all? I tried growing one last year but I started too late and he got powdery mildew fungus.... I did manage to get one small pumpkin out of him though. What sucked was I finally got him starting to produce what would've probably been several good pumpkins, then the first cold snap of November came.  :cry:  This year I'm going to try growing several instead of just one... my hill out back will look like a little pumpkin patch!

Nice!  Sounds like you've got a really good garden going.  If you have the space and enjoy them, I recommend adding green beans to that...they are so easy to grow and you get a great yield. 

We have a patio with flower beds (black-eyed susans, annuals, and a hydragena) but no vegetables.  When we sell this place eventually and move into a SF home with a backyard, I plan on really getting back into growing vegetables.  Growing up I always had a pretty sizeable garden that I helped my dad maintain. 

Is it a Targa? Go full-bore and pull that top off! haha

Targa. Put in a rebuilt engine with twin carbs and a big bore. Performance clutch. Was originally a 2. Now I got 2.2. It's a pretty screaming little machine. You are so right about taking off the top. Life is short and who cares if it's only 20 degrees.

I have no more ****s to give.   Meltdown? Unhinged?  Yup, and it's great.  I'm in the process of trying to buy a house and as stressful as it is....all these papers and offers, counteroffers, this, that...it's now a great distraction.  I don't care anymore.   It aint reverse psychology, it just is what it is.  I'm free and have no vested interest anymore after tomorrow's kick in the nuts.   Sure, I'll sign on and if something looks like it's going to hit 24 hours before, of course I'm gonna be excited...but 4 days out? 3? 2?   I swear on my kid's life, I've not checked a single model since yesterday at 18z.  

I need to take a break too, because I'm getting way to snippy with interlopers.  

<end rant>

Nice to hear he looked for you. Quite a few years ago I was parked on the Main St in the small town my parents live in. I walked into the post office and by the time I had walked out my driver side mirror was in the middle of the street. No one around that saw anything. 

The guy was super nice and apologized. He came looking for me. So a little good comes out of it. Not everyone would do the same.

I have no more ****s to give.   Meltdown? Unhinged?  Yup, and it's great.  I'm in the process of trying to buy a house and as stressful as it is....all these papers and offers, counteroffers, this, that...it's now a great distraction.  I don't care anymore.   It aint reverse psychology, it just is what it is.  I'm free and have no vested interest anymore after tomorrow's kick in the nuts.   Sure, I'll sign on and if something looks like it's going to hit 24 hours before, of course I'm gonna be excited...but 4 days out? 3? 2?   I swear on my kid's life, I've not checked a single model since yesterday at 18z.  

I need to take a break too, because I'm getting way to snippy with interlopers.  

<end rant>

I'm almost glad this storm missed. Now I don't have to worry about it. It's done. We're done, and now I'm ready for warmth and the elusive MA thunderstorm.

Good luck with the house.

Archived