Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 31-February 2nd Winter Storm Part 2

Chicago Storm

• Replies 946
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like LAF and everyone north of I-70 will stay snow though. Wet snow at that.

rgem_mslp_pcpn_frzn_ncus_14.png

I was telling Tim that it's a good thing it's not windier here during the meat of the storm as it would increase the power outage risk.  Although winds eventually pick up so can't rule it out.

This time yesterday I was looking at 5 inches of snow.  This morning maybe 1-2 backside.  Now we don't get below freezing until the moisture is long gone.  No measurable snow in December, January, and continuing into February.  Oh well, I was kinda rooting for more of an amped up storm even if it cut us down some.  I guess I over did it.  Good luck everyone, all I ask for in return is some pics. :popcorn:

I'm almost certain off hour runs of models don't get new RAOB data. Not sure about satellite data.

No new raob data at 18z unless there are special soundings. There is new satellite data, but I have heard that the satellite data is best when it's calibrated by raobs in the 00z/12z runs. Go figure

This time yesterday I was looking at 5 inches of snow.  This morning maybe 1-2 backside.  Now we don't get below freezing until the moisture is long gone.  No measurable snow in December, January, and continuing into February.  Oh well, I was kinda rooting for more of an amped up storm even if it cut us down some.  I guess I over did it.  Good luck everyone, all I ask for in return is some pics. :popcorn:

Yesterday I was looking at DAB and now several inches are possible.

While those of us to the north are getting more excited I am still concerned about a south trend that has occurred many times this winter.    I am optimistic ... yes but still going to be cautious as I want to see actual radar lighting up and satellite tomorrow afternoon before I get too excited.

Starting to get hard to contain my excitement at the potential that Detroit might get close to double digit snow totals.

I'm right there with you. Looking more likely that it's coming to fruition.

They're pretty rare around here, I'm starting to get excited myself. The potential is definitely there. Just south of here, Cleveland's WFO has the Toledo metro area in the "8 TO 10 INCHES WITH LOCALIZED AREAS OF A FOOT OR MORE POSSIBLE" wording in their WSW. Fun to track at the least...

They're pretty rare around here, I'm starting to get excited myself. The potential is definitely there. Just south of here, Cleveland's WFO has the Toledo metro area in the "8 TO 10 INCHES WITH LOCALIZED AREAS OF A FOOT OR MORE POSSIBLE" wording in their WSW. Fun to track at the least...

It's been really the only thing to track :lmao:

Archived