joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NOT DC/NOVA discussion

JMU2004

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at radar, you can really start to see the two slugs of precip forming. Nice little chunk on the NC/VA border well ahead of the main precip field out west. It'll be nice to pick up an inch or two before the main event. Short range models seem to indicate that we will.

I think its a little too dry here in chesapeake, might take time for the snow to make it to the ground.  Would be awesome to get an inch or so before the main event.

Wow, that would be incredible. Do you think that has a chance of verifying? How would that stack up with past cold snaps?

GFS and NAM have been showing 2m temps for Thursday and Friday well below 0 last couple days so I think it has a shot especially with a deep snowpack. If it hits -7°F, it will be the coldest since February 1979 when it hit -8°F. Should it hit anything lower, it will be the coldest since January 1940.

Based on NAM Mos output looks like a line from ric-fyj-mfv is jackpot 1.1-1.2 qpf and no temps above freezing at all levels...closest is ric -0.1 C at 800mb...not sure why nws maps imply more mixing near bay as mfv never goes above -3.0 C at any level during storm. Of course I'm only looking at the NAM guidance. Anybody have a link for model Mos other than NAM? Great storm though, just about everyone in on the action.

Archived