SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NOT DC/NOVA discussion

JMU2004

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah sleet in the city now. Radar shows a nice batch coming in. Shame to miss the good snow by maybe 40 miles, but honestly, that's pretty much life here, just have to accept it and enjoy the weather we get. What I don't want to see now is a change to freezing rain for the afternoon and power outages. I'll pass on that.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a good shot for snow.  I was surprised to see the Winter Storm Watch issued by AKQ early this morning.  Can Richmond really be tin he jackpot zone, which may be 4 to 6 inches for this storm?

Most likely we will dry slot and the jackpot will end up being 10 or so miles away...haha      (the dry spot always seems to set up close to this area so dont doubt it will happen close to this area again)        

The output does look good for around   1 to 4 for most of this area.... 

Of course, either way... it will be  mostly gone by the end of the day..

Congratulations on the snow! I hope you guys get a surprise 8 inches! Be sure to get lots of pix, get out in it and jebwalk and shovel lots of snow! I can't complain, I got my snow earlier in the season. Now it is your turn! I'll enjoy my mood flakes!

I am absolutely cheering you guys on in S VA with all my heart! You never know, you could get a rogue thundersnow and end up with 12 inches!

• 10 months later...

The dry air is usually what kills us around here... Hopefully can get back into the game here ((West End Henrico) in the next hour... 

Anyone in the Chester VA area?  Looks like a few nice bands right around that area?

( A few very, very (barely visible ha ha)  light snow flakes here now ....at 11:25pm)

A few more light flakes as of 12:00 (still nothing  really steady here  yet)

On 1/7/2017 at 3:51 AM, SoCoWx said:

It's sleeting again after another couple hours of snow... 23837...

This is seriously getting ridiculous. 

What was your final total?

We couldn't maintain the heavier snow rates once we finally flipped from all the pinging. Dry slot worked in and we just couldn't ramp up our rates again. 

Finished right around 7.5". Not bad but this really looked like the first chance since 2010 for the metro to cash in on a foot. 

Archived