Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NOT DC/NOVA discussion

JMU2004

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

this is  bad    sleet in western henrico by 5pm?  

prince george  maybe   but   western henrico

I know it's crazy. I'm snowcationing from HR in Short Pump for this event. Went out sledding and the sleet was brutal. This pic says it all. What's you're thinking from here on out?post-8142-0-96236700-1453509592_thumb.pn

Will be sleet most of the night it seems.. potential dry slot.. going to have to wait for the the back side of the storm to try and produce..

Not holding out any hope that is for sure.

I would have to agree prob after we hit the dry slot or if the wrap around fills back in then is when we will change back over...Since the storm looks to be still moving a bit faster then expected I think we should turn back over in most areas by 2 or 3 am... power issues are really going to start be a problem who still have freezing rain at this hour...

Light steady something – sleet? – in Charlottesville. Starting to doubt the 24" forecast. I guess it could still happen overnight. Planning a midnight walk with camera, if I can figure out how to take good pics in snowy darkness. We were forecast to get dumped on from 9pm-3am. Not looking so great right now.

Was hoping with these heavy bands moving in that we would change back over to more of a steady snow for a bit but unfortunately the temperature is still rising ..It's looking more and more likely that a full changeover won't be until the early morning hours... Good thing is the freezing rain area doesn't look likes going to be as big as it could of been in VA...

From hence forth, this town shall forever be known as sleet city.

Sleetmond, the capital of the southern sleet. We shall petition city council for a new statue of sleet on monument.

This storm really reminds me of the Presidents Day storm.

1983........ and going. ^^ Our last official 12+" snow at the airport. The streak lives on.

1996 should have been but its not official.

So still either 33 years or 20 years either way you slice it. Richmond blows for records!

Whats the official total at the airport at the moment?

I wouldn't give up yet.. . We still have an outside shot if the bands set up correctly..

I have to be getting close to 2 inches (at least) of just sleet here over the past few hours....haha

BTW for any of you who have direct tv they have added a few severe weather channels.. At least the one in my area is on 361-2.

Archived