Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
NOT DC/NOVA discussion

JMU2004

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the last  16 runs of the  GFS....   GEFS  high res   ... the last 12 runs of the  the op euro .... the euro eps ...
the last 6 runs  of the RGEM      all of it  100%     dead bang  wrong

in the end the  sh!t     ass  NAM  from  60  hrs ago  was 100%  correct  

just wow  

the last  16 runs of the  GFS....   GEFS  high res   ... the last 12 runs of the  the op euro .... the euro eps ...

just wow  

post-2122-0-79477500-1453501801_thumb.pn

just wow  

If I recall from following the Dicso thread, the NAM was always more northerly and much warmer? Does that mean we are going to change over tonight and have totals really cut into?

not   chester    20 years    not   a singlke snow event has this palce  EVER been  in the mean   never mind the sweet spot

try   that      for size

20 years

Damn, DT sorry about that.  I thought I had it bad growing up in lower southern MD and missing things like Superstorm 1993 (5" snow then raging rain).  I re-located in the far NW suburbs of DC in part due to winter climo.  I don't know what you do exactly, but it would be awesome if you could live in a place like Winchester, VA or Westmister, MD.

Hope somehow there is a changeover to snow on the backside of the storm down there.

Still decent rates here in my part of Glen Allen near short pump been right on the edge of the dry air all day it's defiantly going to pretty hard to avoid it all ..I fully expect to get the dry air and some sleet here for a few hours..Maybe even a little freezing rain. Problem is we are once again right in the middle of the transition zone over to the coast... I'm not sure why many where not expecting this...

Still decent rates here in my part of Glen Allen near short pump been right on the edge of the dry air all day it's defiantly going to pretty hard to avoid it all ..I fully expect to get the dry air and some sleep sleet here for a few hours... Problem is we are once again right in the middle of the transition zone over to the coast... I'm not sure why many where not expecting this...

Yup...looks like the transition wasn't modeled as well as it could have been but as I said earlier I'm not too worried.

9:40 snow started 25f

10:40 0.4" 25f

11:40 0.9" 24f 6 hr. board total 1.3"

12:40 2.0" 26f 6 hr. board total 2.4"

1:40 0.5" 26f 6 hr. board total 3.0"

2:40 0.3" 25f 6hr. board total 3.4"

3:40 0.5" 24f 6 hr. board total 4.0" board swept liquid equiv. .21

4:40 0.8 23f

5:40 0.5 23f 6hr board 1.5" sleet snow mix

hourlies 5.9" 6 hour board total 5.5"

Archived