SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NOT DC/NOVA discussion

JMU2004

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta say I like the look of that late weekend wave coming through on the heels of the early weekend rain.  Still showing OTS but GFS creeping NW.  Figured it was worth a bump since we are almost within 5 days and really havent seen any potential at this lead thus far. Rather be on the high dry side at this point.

Feel like we should all be using this board a lot this week team. MA forum is really weighted heavily to NOVa/MD, so what is good for them may not be good for us. I like the SE forum, but it's of course weighted the other way. We are kind of in a "no man's land" stuck between MA and SE. So good place for the Virginia (south of EZF) folks to gather and see what this storm will do in our region.

Yep, thanks for the bump rmcwahoo (what is up with Bennett's crew btw?)

It is a full fledged weenie fest in the other threads.  Looks like "B" conditions for central MD.  If I had a dime for each person at work asking me how much (I am the resident weather dork of the office) and when I say too soon but 8-10" is as high as I will go due to our track record and mixing issues they say "Well WeatherRisk (DT) is calling for 22""

Yeah we are ALWAYS the dividing line in these storms. For metro Richmond 20 miles can be difference between a legit snowstorm, and a slop fest. Makes these things, well let's say interesting. But also means most of the threads on here just don't really speak directly to our area.

Tough times right now for the Hoos. I mean it doesn't make sense really, 3 Top 10 wins, and now can't get a road W in ACC to save their lives. I think its a matter of missing Anderson/Atkins way more than anyone anticipated. Been kind of spoiled by their dominance past few years! I trust Bennett will figure this out, at least somewhat

Agree on both statements.  Been rooting for the Hoos since about 79.  Bennett is the truth, love that the program is legit again.

As far as the storm goes, seems we here in Central VA can root for one of two things, a jog south and we only need a slight one or a weaker storm that may not bring as much offshore wind flow that could moderate temps. 

Can't remember the models in such agreement so soon in a long time, sure it happened in 2009/2010 but for TV mets to be honking as early as this weekend reminds me of 1996.  I will take that result in a heartbeat.

Another Wahoo here - and I'm always on the edge for any RIC storm as a public school transportation director.   

Friday is good timing for schools and our decision makers - miss one "slam dunk" day, and likely resume on Monday.

Would love a big storm, but as a basketball season ticket holder, don't want to be stymied for the Syracuse @ UVA game on Saturday.

I got tickets Cuse-UVa too (season ticket holder as well). With the way the road is going, need that game to get played to hopefully get another W in the ledger!

I remember the Dec 2009 storm the city being the definition of the line. My folks in Hopewell got maybe 4 inches while west end of city got an easy foot. Feels like it will be that close again

Archived