• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NOT DC/NOVA discussion

JMU2004

And i for one could care less about what happens up in Philly cause its Philly.  They are worthless simply for being Philly.  C'mon, it's philly we are talking about here.  There are only 3 things I would take from there.  The Rocky statue, the cheesesteak and the Liberty bell.  And the statue is 50/50.  

At least Richmond has class and culture.  Philly...oh, man......lacking.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And i for one could care less about what happens up in Philly cause its Philly.  They are worthless simply for being Philly.  C'mon, it's philly we are talking about here.  There are only 3 things I would take from there.  The Rocky statue, the cheesesteak and the Liberty bell.  And the statue is 50/50.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Mid-Atlantic_Region_location_map.gif

Thanks.  Glad him making false accusation against me is ok

Um... no, not at all. He was wrong to accuse both of you

Fozz? He seems to be anti-Philly

Nah, I was jealous for a day or two when they looked to be getting a KU while we were fringed... I didn't take it well, not my proudest moment here.

Agreed. There is definitely an aura of nastiness on the Mid-Atlantic board that is not present on others, particularly regarding folks in outlying areas.  I know this since I've moved in the last few years and have "board hopped" quite a bit.  

Sorry if this is more suited for banter.

I think a lot of that is that our subforum has such a wide variety of snow totals from storms. It is frustrating to get fringed in any storm. You dont see the wild differences in accum totals in the NE or NY subforums.

Anyways congrats on your snows my southern VA friends. Lets see some more pics.

How many storms will the NYC forum have areas with 20+ and areas with 0? I dont really follow your forums so I may be wrong?

Nyc, not too many of that magnitude, but even just in upton's cwa the average goes from less than 20" to over 60". NE? Probably every single one where someone gets 20+.

oh wow missed this whole thing...quality stuff in here...

Anybody have any expectations for this Thursday event?  If the GFS is right it looks like a ton of sleet with maybe a little snow at the end.  GFS is by far the most bullish it seems.  Euro clown maps are around 2-3". Either way looks like a crazy day of weather,

Love those Wahoos on the basketball court!

Meanwhile, the timing of the cold air and change-over to sleet/snow is a critical piece of information for #RVA school systems.  Plan an early release or close for the day?

Snow rates may be intense at the time of the change-over - not a good time for school buses and student drivers to be on the road. 

Looks like NAM came in colder for down here? Delayed, but appears to up snowfall accumulations. Any thoughts? Think we need to get this thread fired up again as this is a very location-specific storm in terms of impacts so be nice to get some good CVA-Tidewater-Roanoke conversation going

These rain to snow scenarios are always tough in this area. Seen them bust low many times. That being said rates should be intense for a few hours after the changeover with temps dropping into the 20s. I could see 3-5 north of RIC metro, 2-4 in town, and 1-3 south towards Petersburg

Archived