• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NOT DC/NOVA discussion

JMU2004

I'm feeling better after the latest  guidance. The NAM was a bit southeast and now had over 1.5 inches of precip for the HR. Also, wakefield has now gone back and upped expected totals. Bring on the snow!!

OK thanks!! :sled:  You may be in a better spot than me but lets get this party started. Snow just reported in Kill Devil Hills, NC.

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely feeling like the bust potential is high for this one in RIC. I know I'm being a pessimistic weenie, but RIC has been burned so many times it's hard not to be. Still thinking most of the banding sets up south of here and we end up with 2-4. Not bad all things considered. Williamsburg seems like a great spot to be tonight.

Let's not worry too much. This area usually gets left out, yeah. But a vast majority of forecasts are calling for 3-5 or 4-6 for the RIC metro. That, combined with the fact that the precip shield is already more expansive/further north than expected, I think we'll do fine.

This isn't our blockbuster blizzard. That would be the Hampton Roads metro. But it's still a moderate to heavy snowstorm for virtually the entirety of central and eastern VA.

When I'm jackpotting at the expense of Raleigh, I don't do touchdown dances about in their forum. When they're jackpotting instead of me, I don't b**ch, moan, and whine about it incessantly like happens in the DC thread. 

There is a core clique that frequents the "Mid-Atlantic" forum on this board that loses its mind if they're not the jackpot of every storm all winter long. 

That same clique seems to want the title of the regional sub-forum to be DC/Balt and not "Mid-Atlantic." Accordingly, when someone from outside that region asks about their location, they're generally dismissed and made fun of. Period. Full Stop. 

If you want the ****ing region to be "DC/Balt" then change the god-damn name. John may write the checks, but you guys basically run the place and don't act like you don't. I've been around long enough to know how it operates. Don't call yourselves mid-atlantic and tell everyone south and west of Winchester to Fredericksburg to "**** off" and then act surprised when you're called out for being a dick.

EPIC POST! I made fifteen screenshots of it at least lol. This is some of the best I have ever read on these forums!

Archived