Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
NOT DC/NOVA discussion

JMU2004

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radar around Richmond area is going to either break hearts or send folks into euphoria. This thing will have a very sharp cutoff. Hoping it sets up about 40 miles west of here and RIC can stay in the solid snow bands for a long time. It's going to be a very close call. Weather doesn't care but I'll just throw it out there: Richmond is due for some good luck

Radar around Richmond area is going to either break hearts or send folks into euphoria. This thing will have a very sharp cutoff. Hoping it sets up about 40 miles west of here and RIC can stay in the solid snow bands for a long time. It's going to be a very close call. Weather doesn't care but I'll just throw it out there: Richmond is due for some good luck

The cut off isn't setting up so much west-east, as it is northwest to southeast. Richmond's still getting snow out of this, either way. The amounts are just the question.

Nam in my opinion is the outlier and its known short range wet bias really....

GFS held.. if not slightly drier than its previous run back toward Richmond...     still looks good down your way.   RGEM came in a bit wetter.....     

If you exclude the shorter high range high rez models...    general consensus for a 2 to 4 inch snow for metro Richmond area.         If you want to weigh int he shorter range models.. 3 to 5 seems to be a safe call for the Richmond area.

SE of there though...  6"  or more down toward AKQ and Hampton Road area seems to be in the order. 

4KM NAM never really gets the rain/snow line past the VA/NC border throughout the run on the 12Z. Doesn't even get it that close until most of the precip is done anyway. This is a going to be an ungodly thumping if these models are even close. We'll be talking about this one for years.

Let me preface this by saying I have no idea how reliable the SREFs are...

With that said the SREF mean at ORF looks nice.

mean 9.5, but goes up to to around 10.5 when you remove the outliers that give us <1" and a few that go >16".

post-2122-0-58646900-1424885266_thumb.pn

EDIT: looks good for RIC as well at 7.5:

post-2122-0-05992000-1424885618_thumb.pn

Our forum is pretty big with quite different climos north to south. Makes sense to split up the convo probably.. In general I've found the folks south segregate themselves though. Eh.. whatever. /asshat out 

This is why ya'll suck. An it happens ANYTIME it snows other than DC/NOVa

"

Ji
Posted 11 minutes ago

how can anyone be happy with this when Raleigh,Richmond and Norfolk are about to destroy us in the snow dept. 8-12 for Raleigh...bs

Even better, your mods allow that to stay in a disco thread.

Sour grapes to be sure...why I comment and visit the board less frequently.  If you are not one of the chosen folks...and make a comment out of turn, you are crucified.  I still learn a lot from the professionals that post here and the well versed hobbyists but having to sift through some of the BS has become cumbersome.

I think multiple people called him out on the comment. Not to mention, who cares. I think most would expect nothing less from Ji, that's the dynamics of the board, I'm sure you know this :)

We know this. It's why, generally speaking, we don't contribute much on the forums these days. We've taken our interaction other places...

Not to defend JI, but by this time tomorrow RIC could easily be well beyond annual climo and season to date.  I don't think DCA can say that yet.  Bottom line is the season has turned positive for everyone in the past 3 weeks, we should all be happy and the regional bickering is pretty silly.

Remember late February 2007?  When DC was getting hit with storm after storm and sometimes the same day RIC was partly cloudy and mid 50's?  Boy I sure do, and this isn't that by a long shot.

I got my 12" last Saturday, and happy to watch you guys cash in tonight as best you can.

"

Ji
Posted 11 minutes ago

how can anyone be happy with this when Raleigh,Richmond and Norfolk are about to destroy us in the snow dept. 8-12 for Raleigh...bs

welcome to the board.  that's Ji, BTW.

"

Ji
Posted 11 minutes ago

LOL. Guess nobody outside of the DC bubble is allowed to get snow.

There are dbags wherever you go in life. 

Just so happens that the DC crew is blessed with an exceptionally high number of them.

Locals/ NWS generally going 4-8 in HR. Can't tell if they are being conservative or maybe they are thinking we lose a lot to ground melting being as we hit the 40s today and have a patchy snowpack?

Just saw on Facebook that Evan Stewart at WVEC finally put a swath of HR in 8-12". I'm guessing after the latest NAM the other channels will follow suit.

Sour grapes to be sure...why I comment and visit the board less frequently.  If you are not one of the chosen folks...and make a comment out of turn, you are crucified.  I still learn a lot from the professionals that post here and the well versed hobbyists but having to sift through some of the BS has become cumbersome.

JB. 

I thought I remembered you were moving into one of the Parkes. Welcome to the hood. You should join us in the CVA FB discussion.

Archived