• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
NOT DC/NOVA discussion

JMU2004

Well how's this for irony? This thread was started because typically Virginia south of NOVa misses most of the major storms, and the main forum here doesn't seem to care or consider RIC/ROA/CHO/Hampton Roads etc part of the "Mid Atlantic." So we try to unite in this subthread and what happens? Here comes a Hampton Roads hammer potentially that could have nothing at all in Richmond and points north and west! When we finally try to unite we get split up yet again!

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well how's this for irony? This thread was started because typically Virginia south of NOVa misses most of the major storms, and the main forum here doesn't seem to care or consider RIC/ROA/CHO/Hampton Roads etc part of the "Mid Atlantic." So we try to unite in this subthread and what happens? Here comes a Hampton Roads hammer potentially that could have nothing at all in Richmond and points north and west! When we finally try to unite we get split up yet again!

Ha, Ive been told before to take my thoughts to the southeast forum!

No ill will toward the DC folk but perhaps you should review the tone, attitude and animosity aimed at the "RIC and south" crowd (by most, not all) that enjoy the insight of the NOVA bunch and lurk there for good model discussions among other interesting rants. For me, eh, it only bothers me fractionally. I'll still lurk and enjoy the good info. :)

Our forum is pretty big with quite different climos north to south. Makes sense to split up the convo probably.. In general I've found the folks south segregate themselves though. Eh.. whatever. /asshat out 

Our forum is pretty big with quite different climos north to south. Makes sense to split up the convo probably.. In general I've found the folks south segregate themselves though. Eh.. whatever. /asshat out 

What do you expect us to do when we've been marginalized for years? There is a world that exists beyond a 40 mile radius of Washington, DC and a large chunk of that world is the "Mid Atlantic" ... However, based on the way this "mid atlantic" board understands geography, you would never know it....

Based on the latest runs, Richmond will get in on the action, but the amounts will be higher the further south, southeast you go. Unless it continues ticking a hair north every now and then on the models, in which case, RVA might end up in the bullseye by the time the storm gets here.  :mapsnow:

Based on the latest runs, Richmond will get in on the action, but the amounts will be higher the further south, southeast you go. Unless it continues ticking a hair north every now and then on the models, in which case, RVA might end up in the bullseye by the time the storm gets here.  :mapsnow:

Let's hope for only a few slight ticks north and we share the bullseye!!  Can't we all just get along!?!?!? :)

Please take the northern tier of North Carolina with you.  What we have to do with the climatology of Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and even southern North Carolina is a mystery to me

Archived