SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NOT DC/NOVA discussion

JMU2004

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know its starting to be nowcast time but nice increase in moisture again on 18Z GFS for SEVA.

I agree. I'm a bit surprised the NWS doesn't seem concerned about tomorrow morning into the afternoon. It appears to my weenie eyes that the rain will quickly shift to snow in NE NC & SE VA with temps dropping quickly during the day. That appears to be a recipe for roads icing over while people are at work/school. It wouldn't take much of a shift to make this a major problem.

Had some flurries for a little bit this morning in West End of city of Richmond. Got to think this is our week to max out whatever opportunities we may have. After this pattern, and calendar, going to get much more difficult for us. Let's hope this is a good one

Wed. night/Thurs. - big hit for NC/Southern 1/2 of VA on the 12z Euro. All snow, biggest event of the season for Hampton Roads for sure if it verifies. All other models in line or coming in line. Even some wiggle room for the seasonal north trend on this one. Classic.

First time in here but ouch.

No ill will toward the DC folk but perhaps you should review the tone, attitude and animosity aimed at the "RIC and south" crowd (by most, not all) that enjoy the insight of the NOVA bunch and lurk there for good model discussions among other interesting rants. For me, eh, it only bothers me fractionally. I'll still lurk and enjoy the good info. :)

Archived