• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
NOT DC/NOVA discussion

JMU2004

I Would def say you will be close to the jackpot area... Again if the sleet holds off there.... You def can tell that the transfer and dry air is working its way quick now west to east... Just when the heavy precip was about to make it in looks like its getting cut off by the dry air in western NC and stay a bit south of this area... gonna be a sharp cut off soon for allot of people for a bit....Hopfully it will backfill again

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/interactive/l/23059:4:US?animation=true&interactiveMapLayer=radar

• Replies 960
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HRRR completely wrong here. 50:50 snow sleet

Same here  pushing all sleet.  3.5" as of 1130.  Noticed the wind has switched to back to ENE from a period of SE winds.  Data is from the Cape henry buoy. Hopefully it can go more North so we can start to cool the upper layers to get us a period of snow before ending?

How bad is the icing down by the Hampton Roads area now?   Radar looks intense down there.

Very light sleet here in east in of Henrico.   Missing the heavier returns here. 

Its pretty bad.  Everything has a glaze.  I think the saving grace is that when we get under heavier returns its more sleet than freezing rain.

Pretty interesting.. I cleared half my measuring area in a perfect vertical slice.     Not much sleet has accumulated.. (maybing approaching a .2 now...   ) but you can see the sleet settling into the snow earlier and compacting it making a nice layer formation.  

Archived