Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Feb 1/2 Obs

nj2va

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is what it is. Funny how quick things change in the medium range this year.

This could easily end up a 2-4 deal. It's not a terrible vort pass but no chance to amp up. Interacts with some ss moisture as well. We'll see.

Yep, I'd take 2 inches without precip issues and run.  Of course I'd prefer 4-8 but I don't mind nickel and diming my way to climo, it's better than not snowing.

Yep, I'd take 2 inches without precip issues and run.  Of course I'd prefer 4-8 but I don't mind nickel and diming my way to climo, it's better than not snowing.

Same here.  If we get a 1-3" or 2-4" event with some cold that's not too bad all things considered.  As I said before, would rather that than a cutter or apps runner where we get maybe some slop on the front end followed by cold rain, or just plain cold rain.  This at least keeps things open for something more, and it's not yet determined how much--or if--things will be suppressed.  We're still talking 4-5 days out and solutions thus far have been inconsistent to say the least.  Of course, it would be nice to see more moisture streaming up and over the cold air; there does appear to be more than at 12Z at least.

(ETA:  I guess the event late next week isn't looking too good in the 18Z GFS?  Given the lack of discussion either here or in the medium range thread.)

Archived