• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
WNE GTG

H2Otown_WX

Now let's see if some of the Springfield guys can help settle on a place to go.

Theodore's (http://theodoresbbq.com/) is one of the better bars in downtown Springfield, good beers on tap and good food.  Because its downtown, parking isn't as convenient as the chain places but if the meet-up is at night or on the weekend street parking within a block or two is usually an option.  Depending on the size of the group, they have a back room with pool tables and private bar that may be an option.  They also frequently have some good music so the GTG could segway into that if there was interest. 

And the best part about Theo's:  it's a three minute walk from my office. :P

Theodore's (http://theodoresbbq.com/) is one of the better bars in downtown Springfield, good beers on tap and good food.  Because its downtown, parking isn't as convenient as the chain places but if the meet-up is at night or on the weekend street parking within a block or two is usually an option.  Depending on the size of the group, they have a back room with pool tables and private bar that may be an option.  They also frequently have some good music so the GTG could segway into that if there was interest. 

Alright, some thoughts while everyone is digging out: I think this place looks good, if anyone objects, we can look for something else but just looking at the link you put here it looks like the kind of place that would work. We should be able to limit the parking problems by carpooling. I'm not assertive enough to take the reigns in making plans for when to do this so if you guys want to discuss it that is fine. Perhaps toward the end of the month? 

Theodore's is great, especially if gtg starts late afternoon before the evening crowds come out.

Do they have good Diet Coke on tap? 

If we can avoide the last weekend of February, I'm going to be in Orlando.  Also, since I'll be in Orlando, you will all undoubtedly be digging out from the storm of the season that weekend so you'd  need to look for another anyway.  :)

Me too....if I'm in the office.  I'd kind of have to stop by if you guys did it some late afternoon/early evening.

I'm still in, I didn't realize you made a thread. The original intent on this last year was basically anyone west of 91, and Pittsfield to 91 southward. If we can decide on a decent central location, we can do this. Would love to go do the regular gtg, but its just too far, as is for many folks over here. Using the boundary I said, the center would be like torrington area. Or my area. Not that I wanna make it easy for me, its just like the geographic center. There are a lot of decent places in torrington, if anyone else has any other ideas, chime in. Last year we were gonna go to thomaston lanes, which I'm still down with, but I think northern and eastern folks are farther away for that. I wouldn't wanna drive to there from say Pittsfield or Enfield.

Edit: of course the geography can be expanded or split into a couple of gtg's, north and south. Its tough for a lot of people who are far, its a tough decision.

I'm still in, I didn't realize you made a thread. The original intent on this last year was basically anyone west of 91, and Pittsfield to 91 southward. If we can decide on a decent central location, we can do this. Would love to go do the regular gtg, but its just too far, as is for many folks over here. Using the boundary I said, the center would be like torrington area. Or my area. Not that I wanna make it easy for me, its just like the geographic center. There are a lot of decent places in torrington, if anyone else has any other ideas, chime in. Last year we were gonna go to thomaston lanes, which I'm still down with, but I think northern and eastern folks are farther away for that. I wouldn't wanna drive to there from say Pittsfield or Enfield.

Edit: of course the geography can be expanded or split into a couple of gtg's, north and south. Its tough for a lot of people who are far, its a tough decision.

Intersections of big highways are good:  91/Pike area (including spfld), 91/84.

I'm fine with spfld, not sure if I'd venture all the way to Hartford.  I'm not as daring as I used to be.  :)

Well, then.

I will have to decline joining your group of elitist, westerners.

Archived