• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
WNE GTG

H2Otown_WX

I and a few other members that don't live anywhere close to the Boston or Worcester area have been talking about a possible GTG somewhere in the western part of New England. Anyone is welcome to come of course. Right now we were thinking of doing it at a bowling alley with a bar in Thomaston, CT. Just reply here if you're interested and we can start to figure out a date/time that works. 

post-532-0-04573100-1422383895_thumb.jpg

I and a few other members that don't live anywhere close to the Boston or Worcester area have been talking about a possible GTG somewhere in the western part of New England. Anyone is welcome to come of course. Right now we were thinking of doing it at a bowling alley with a bar in Thomaston, CT. Just reply here if you're interested and we can start to figure out a date/time that works. 

Sounds like you mean SWNE.  Not WNE  :(

Sounds like you mean SWNE.  Not WNE  :(

If we were to look around Mitch's area, we'd have a middle ground and a fair number of options in Lenox.  Hippy's neck of the woods in Greenfield would also allow for a convenient middle location along I-91

One thing, at least this group doesn't have to worry about this winter is snow keeping us from making it anywhere.

If we were to look around Mitch's area, we'd have a middle ground and a fair number of options in Lenox.  Hippy's neck of the woods in Greenfield would also allow for a convenient middle location along I-91

One thing, at least this group doesn't have to worry about this winter is snow keeping us from making it anywhere.

Springfield, Northampton, Greenfield all right of I-91

Lol, too small for w/e gtg, it gets mobbed on a Saturday. We did one at Northampton Brewery a few years back.

A Saturday afternoon at the Pint wouldn't be crazy crowded for the WNE crew would it?   It would be great if we could do something close enough for the VT crew to make it.  There aren't many of them, but they contribute a lot to the board and typically are not able to make it to the broader NE gtg's.

BDL to BAF to CEF area would probably be a central location geographically. I'm not saying I can definitely go I'm about to have a baby any day now.

Congratulations!!

if you start throwing in Vermont lol you should probably have a northern New England get together in New Hampshire for Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine. if you do push it up to Northampton Greenfield area you might be able to drag some of those people down but it is still one heck of a haul from northern areas

From Burlington to the People's Pint is 2.5 hours.  So, for whatever that's worth, I guess our VT. brethren can determine what it would be for them to trek  to Stowe, Waterbury, etc.  Brattleboro would be an option for them and an easy 20 minute drive for Hippy and me.  A bit more of a trek for our CT folks.

From Burlington to the People's Pint is 2.5 hours.  So, for whatever that's worth, I guess our VT. brethren can determine what it would be for them to trek  to Stowe, Waterbury, etc.  Brattleboro would be an option for them and an easy 20 minute drive for Hippy and me.  A bit more of a trek for our CT folks.

at that point, the Boston one is closer for me.  

Riverdale Road is in West Springfield just a few minutes away from the I-90/I-91 interchange.

But I don't recommend hooters.

Yeah, there's are a million places to hang out there, and it's pretty convenient for most western posters.

Never been to Hooters actually. ... but I figured that this was a mostly male group. I was hoping for better eye candy than having to stare at all of you dudes. Plus, it would be fun to watch some of the drunk posters who, in the past, have hit viciously on women at gtg's. ... you know who you are. ....

Yeah, I think that trying to find one location that suits all is an uphill battle. We're not going to find a place for everyone, and I think the more localized gtgs are a good way to at least start. That being said, someone had mentioned Lenox MA as a good spot. Let's start with that.  Who knows? Could be the start of something good

What about somewhere near Springfield? Close to all major highways. I'm sure some could carpool.

I'm in Matt, lol. Not like that matters.

Dylan, yes, you should go. Quincy, I think that is the best location at this point. Now let's see if some of the Springfield guys can help settle on a place to go.

Archived