joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 1st-2nd Winter Event

ChescoWx

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the models don't factor in that this is a nocturnal system do they? serious question for the pros.

well Feb sun is stronger so during the day I would think the thermal radiation would penetrate the clouds and give you that critical 2-3 degrees that you need to thrawt ice but forget it at night that's what happened last year.

well Feb sun is stronger so during the day I would think the thermal radiation would penetrate the clouds and give you that critical 2-3 degrees that you need to thrawt ice but forget it at night that's what happened last year.

It is Feb 1-2nd, literally only 5 weeks after the solstice......sun isnt that strong yet

@TTN: NAM shoves the warm air north so quickly with the thrust of heavy precip. From 36 to 39 (6Z-9Z Monday morning) ~0.4" precip falls with temps swinging from 2-3 below freezing thru the column to 2-3 above. Hard to know how much of that falls as snow.

After today's model runs, I'm thinking an inch of snow maybe two, then slop for a few hours, then majority rain for TTN south, obviously less as you go south. Don't even think this is an advisory level event at this point except maybe an areal flood advisory. Rooting for north and west to get something decent so at least the entire area doesn't get the shaft.

Archived