SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 1st-2nd Winter Event

ChescoWx

• Replies 652
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a fan of the NAM in the long range but it looks to have the general idea....HP moving off SE Coast, LP moving out of the Texarkana region, ball of molasses dome of HP stretched across the Canadian border, 50/50 in place, and the PV pivoting back SW. This model imo would be a huge hit if extrapolated but alas it is the NAM in the lr:

nam_namer_072_1000_500_thick.gif

Just a few negatives - the -NAO is east based  not in Baffin Bay and the PNA isn't all that much amped. It allows the energy to escape quickly out to sea.

Very good points.  Thats the way you have to see whats going on.  I gotta log down each model and snow total, like a trend log.  Going to make some changes in how I forecast these events.  Just gotta have the time to do that. 

Very good points.  Thats the way you have to see whats going on.  I gotta log down each model and snow total, like a trend log.  Going to make some changes in how I forecast these events.  Just gotta have the time to do that. 

I keep a log of every condition of every surf fishing trip I have made over the past 10 years. This method has helped me to improve at this sport almost exponentially. Logs are the way to go.

What are the trends? Are they to push south, hold serve, or push north? I can't see some of the models on my phone.

All over the place...but for the 12z:

GFS - Southerly but north/improving from 6z. More southern NJ special.

GGEM - Way south from 0z, little for everyone

ECM - Way north from 0z, SECS-level storm for all

All over the place...but for the 12z:

GFS - Southerly but north/improving from 6z. More southern NJ special.

GGEM - Way south from 0z, little for everyone

ECM - Way north from 0z, SECS-level storm for all

And, OT for this thread, but the Euro has a little something for us Wed. nite - Thursday too :-). Lots of time but nice to see.

Archived