joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Post-Super Bowl Storm chance discussion

rossi

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 12z NAM continues to look amped up in the long range which is a good sign.

Ehhh its not that amped, as a matter of fact from 72-84 the system is moving almost due east, I think we might lose this on the 12Z GFS, the NAM is not amped enough IMO at 84 hours for the GFS or other globals to carry this up the coast...I don't think at least...

HIGHLY disagree @ thinking the NAM @ 84hrs would cut, that is a perfect track there wrt this  systems potential. 

I don't think so, look at the movement from 72-84, the system is getting pushed almost E-SE, my guess is the 12Z GFS will come in as a near miss or minor hit based on what the NAM did.

Bry

you know better than to stir the pot

but

JMA strongly disagrees---- :axe:

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/jma/2015012812/jma_apcpn_us_6.png

attachicon.gifjma_apcpn_us_6.png

the model has no feel for our Apps graveyard ---fwiw

DM-

Some great posts to wake up to this AM from you and several others...

I do know better, and hopefully the sarcasm came through by putting it at 18%... If not, let me reiterate I was being facetious... Haven't been watching too closely, would be happy with a 3-5" type event, looks like that might be the potential of this one as it looks to have the jets on behind it.. 

Suppression my biggest concern with this one.. .

With regard to the 12z NAM, the 500 mb heights along the East Coast are gradually rising, both between 72 hours and 82 hours and 78 hours and 84 hours. The 500 mb maps imply that the system could exit somewhere between the Virginia Capes and Delmarva Peninsula. The evolution of the 200 mb winds and 300 mb winds also imply such an outcome.

Archived