• Last Reply

Some caution from NWS Indy...

ONE CAVEAT TO KEEP IN
MIND...MODEL GUIDANCE IN GENERAL HAS UNDERDONE LOW LEVEL WARM
INTRUSIONS AND CAUSED PRECIP TYPE CHALLENGES ACROSS THE FORECAST
AREA WITH SURFACE WAVES ALL WINTER LONG. NOT SAYING THIS HAPPENS
HERE IF THE FORECAST TRACK THROUGH THE TENNESSEE AND LOWER OHIO
VALLEYS HOLDS. IT IS JUST SOMETHING TO KEEP IN MIND AS MODELS HONE
IN ON A CONSENSUS SOLUTION IN THE COMING DAYS. 

Looks like a non thread of the needle event to me which is good for every ones nerves, including my own. If the next clipper manages to verify without much change then this event look to be locked and loaded. We could be turning a corner to a back sided winter.....

which model solution are you locking and loading?

not Debbie downer...not my style...hell I usually bust high 9 outta 10 times....

but one "fear" I have is convective elements robbing the breadth of the QPF shield on the cold side once we are east of the Ozarks...

just a trend I am going to be watching on the over running aspect as we get in closer if trends continue with path and strength of SLP

fwiw

not Debbie downer...not my style...hell I usually bust high 9 outta 10 times....

but one "fear" I have is convective elements robbing the breadth of the QPF shield on the cold side once we are east of the Ozarks...

just a trend I am going to be watching on the over running aspect as we get in closer if trends continue with path and strength of SLP

fwiw

That is always something to watch out for with any storm system coming out from TX/OK

That is always something to watch out for with any storm system coming out from TX/OK

The c

fwiw

The concern for moisture-robbing convection is heightened triple time when you have positively-tilted, sheared out crap like this storm looks to be (versus a wound up/negative-tilt storm).

12z GGEM looks pretty decent for N IL and S WI through 120 hours, going off the b/w maps. Little jackpot of around 0.40" close to Geos-land on the 120 hour map.

looking at the later frames...looks a lot like the gfs....everyone 'safe' temp wise north of the ohio river...just not a ton of moisture

widespread 1-4" for a lot of the subforum south and west of   including MI.  Keeps that dual low structure, one low in OH the other in the south states, they don't phase til off shore.

fixed it

looking at the later frames...looks a lot like the gfs....everyone 'safe' temp wise north of the ohio river...just not a ton of moisture

Yep, see it on WB now. Looks like central IA through the southern 1/2 of WI does best, but everyone gets a little something.

Archived