SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have a vis sensor or something? ;)

CON has been -SN/SN 3/4-1/2SM.

But yeah...it's ramped up in intensity since that post. The RWIS site just to my south is 1/8SM, but some of that has to be attributed to BLSN.

no vis sensor, but I can look out the window and down the road...visibility is pretty low.  No doubt the blowing is contributing to that.  Look at the radar and you can see the lighening of echoes near CON, and the heavier band in N Merrimack Co.  I believe the strong winds from that band are blowing the snow this way.  It 's a tightrope here and the heavy pulse is over but still mod here.  I guess you aren't too enthused with the HRRR, or with the idea that we get a somewhat heavier band to park here for a while.

no vis sensor, but I can look out the window and down the road...visibility is pretty low.  No doubt the blowing is contributing to that.  Look at the radar and you can see the lighening of echoes near CON, and the heavier band in N Merrimack Co.  I believe the strong winds from that band are blowing the snow this way.  It 's a tightrope here and the heavy pulse is over but still mod here.  I guess you aren't too enthused with the HRRR, or with the idea that we get a somewhat heavier band to park here for a while.

Yeah there'll be some heavier bursts. Like you said, with north winds you want those bands on radar to be a tick to your north since they will travel under the beam. We'll do well compared to WNE. It just won't be close to historic here like it will be just to our SE.

HRRR doesn't really impress me. I'll probably just watch the radar and snow and maybe take a peak at the new king, the RGEM.

Archived