Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He says as he lowers the toaster towards the tub.

LOL, I think it's the band reorienting east a bit. 

78mph gust ACK

This next 3-6 hours may be some of the most intense snows we've seen in EMA/RI.  WV continues to blossom as this stuff pivots up over us.  I mean - there's legit 30-40dbz in this blossoming area.

These things always tic ene......but folks just couldn't stop deep throating the euro

Well...there was the year they ticked west.  The one where every one of Typhoon's posts were 17 paragraphs.

I'm pretty psyched.  I feel bad for those to the west and southwest, but it's been awhile here.  Happy for Sir James too.

Hole crap is this stuff nutty moving up.   House now is just non stop shaking, I'm guessing 50 sustained right on the water??

BOS area peeps.. You can actually make out a band trying to form as we speak.. One NE of the city over the ocean and another reaching towards it near RI.. They will likely meet eventually and make sweat dendritic love to the hancock building

This is special

Blizzy is gonna be a bit to far West, as you look at upton loop the band is about to weaken on Mt. tolland unfortunately

BOS area peeps.. You can actually make out a band trying to form as we speak.. One NE of the city over the ocean and another reaching towards it near RI.. They will likely meet eventually and make sweat dendritic love to the hancock building

Yup. Absolutely can see that. 

A small part of me is grumpy because my forecast for western CT(12-24") is going up in flames, but who cares this is awesome.

An epic win for the RGEM. It really pegged northeast Connecticut into interior eastern Mass. for the death band and wow, it's verifying extremely well. One of the few consistent models over the past 24-36 hours.

Not perfect but I was telling Ray that in the two previous fails of the Euro (last Marchish)...RGEM took it to town both times.   We'll see, may be that with these Miller B's NCEP/HPC can no longer summarily dismiss the CMC like they did the last two days for no apparent technical reason.

Well...there was the year they ticked west.  The one where every one of Typhoon's posts were 17 paragraphs.

I'm pretty psyched.  I feel bad for those to the west and southwest, but it's been awhile here.  Happy for Sir James too.

Hole crap is this stuff nutty moving up.   House now is just non stop shaking, I'm guessing 50 sustained right on the water??

Boxing day.

I'm talking about the capture deals....especially considering we're in a weak el Nino, to me that screamed east.

Not perfect but I was telling Ray that in the two previous fails of the Euro (last Marchish)...RGEM took it to town both times.   We'll see, may be that with these Miller B's NCEP/HPC can no longer summarily dismiss the CMC like they did the last two days for no apparent technical reason.

RGEM is a very good model, though it can be amped near the periphery of its range.

Look at the way that atlantic inflow is meeting the colder air dragging down from maine and spilling over along a convergence zone and the cf... fooking beautiful... there wont be much subsidence I think soon anywhere east of ORH is about to go through an EPIC time period. Don't go to bed folks.

I'm not, going to try to make it all the way through the morning I think. Banking on classes to get cancelled Wednesday as a catchup on sleep day.

Archived