Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's gotten very grumpy the last 30-45 minutes. Power about to take a dirt nap, flashing.

Grew up just NE of there under the OE. I think it's the slight upslope...eventually the bands just run out of gas. It was that way in 78 too.

i think it could also be associated with some sort of standing wave pattern that develops in these intense systems when winds in the column are a certain direction. Somebody has to take the fall while others benefit.

5H just closed off!

100 miles E of Delaware

Time for the Mega Death BAND to form next 1-2 hours

72 mph gust in ACK

Not so sure that's a great thing 500 just closed off.  I could be wrong b/c I'm a little rusty but I think once 500 begins to close off it's a matter of time (or it's a signal) that the system will occlude and that will eventually shut off the warm/moist inflow into the storm and over the cold air so eventually precip begins to fade and rates decrease...but I could be completely wrong here.  been meaning to find more info on this the past few days.  

Western CT 0.6" to 1.7" Northeastern CT, you're in about 1.2-1.5" area

Weird numbers given what's unfolding in CT.... clearly clueless on the band over you

It may not be, I thought it kind of lifted some of the support for that band NE in the next 1-2 hours.  Can't tell yet, but can see erosion in SW CT and LI.

this stuff coming up from the SE...wow.

Sounds like a jet roaring over my house....I never get that here

i was just commenting on that type of thing to a friend. It hasnt even started snowing yet at my place and the winds are already cranking bigtime. I never get that here. Who knows what this sucker has in store...

i was just commenting on that type of thing to a friend. It hasnt even started snowing yet at my place and the winds are already cranking bigtime. I never get that here. Who knows what this sucker has in store...

This is going to be numero uno in my book, me think.

Move over, 4-1-97...

Yup, Been howling here with gust to 25 mph and no flakes yet

Band expanding and centering a bit east ....C CT SE CT E CT into extreme RI and E-C L.I starting to remind me of a EPIC Band setting up . Actually looks like it will just be a giant BLOB of very heavy snow by the time all that moisture near Block island and south of ACK/MVY pile in

I think that snow hole in RI is going buh bye soon 

Band expanding and centering a bit east ....C CT SE CT E CT into extreme RI and E-C L.I starting to remind me of a EPIC Band setting up . Actually looks like it will just be a giant BLOB of very heavy snow by the time all that moisture near Block island and south of ACK/MVY pile in

I think that snow hole in RI is going buh bye soon 

Based on what I see..It still looks like a massive area of some big totals..with a few zones ridiculous amounts

Archived