• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Nah it was a dream Kev....sleep it off nothing happening tonight.

The reports are fantastic. Amazing radar loopage in regards to banding and the intense returns are stlll pivoting in from the SE to NW.

3-3 1/2 ' jacks seem possible.

The funny thing is i don't see anything on lightning detection at that time..LOL maybe it was a dream..

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is about 4 inch per hour stuff..Not quite as heavy as 2013..but not that far off

Yep - AWT

Widespread 3+ feet?

I assume you meant 2+ feet...

We're in the 2nd quarter and our maps are somewhat deflated, but I actually am feeling pretty good that the rest of this game will go our way.

We are already seeing some coastal front enhancement in that North shore band.

I'm a little nervous that current radar is very similar to 0zRGEM depiction for 6z-9z, and Boston metro sits in between the best bands.

RAP shifts that relative screw zone out to 495.

HRRR has a less pronounced screw zone.

I think once we consolidate around the eastern-extension of the low, things get cranking Tuesday AM and eastern MA does well. And maybe Euro is not progressively trending, rather it made a jump now that it focuses on a more eastern low, so the broad 2.1-2.5" qpf is correct.

Not buying my sneaky euro friend.  After 9z it went ballistic -  but it was slinging a lot up from near me, that I'm not sure will be the case.  South shore getting good low level stuff but is kind of getting pigeon holed between the bands.  We will have to see the impact of these bands piling in from the SE....I'm just not sure where the wide spread 2+ amounts are going to come from as there are going to be some big areas of subsidence (like all of RI ATTM).

Im nervous.....

seems like the band too is increasing in aerial coverage which someone said above too...seems like it's still ever so slightly progressing west too...I mean it's SO close to us...I think we certainly get into it.  Even the rates right now here are pretty good.  This stuff we have now has to be about an inch or so per hour...I think

Hopefully a transient feature for our RI friends but almost looks like a 2013 fire hose lite' subsidence zone over center of state

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=box&loop=yes

Ya not good for PVD to Cory to Att-hole,MA  knew it when I saw it. LOL

64 Mph gusts in PYM per TWC  Seidel is an animal out there lol

Snow pickin back up all the way to  ECT Ginxy now

TWC live shot in plymouth right now is crazy

It's gotten very grumpy the last 30-45 minutes.  Power about to take a dirt nap, flashing.

same exact thing happened on 3/8/13. Likely a similar process...ie...not random.

Grew up just NE of there under the OE.  I think it's the slight upslope...eventually the bands just run out of gas.   It was that way in 78 too.

I think over the next few hours we will see the precip shield end up ticking back a bit further west into CT along with the deformation band.  Just by watching mesoanalysis over the past few hours and such...the kinks in the isobars at 850/700 do suggest that the lows may come NW slightly or may developed closed off circulations slightly NW.  the band though, and any other subsequent bands will continue to strengthen pretty solidly though 

I think over the next few hours we will see the precip shield end up ticking back a bit further west into CT along with the deformation band. Just by watching mesoanalysis over the past few hours and such...the kinks in the isobars at 850/700 do suggest that the lows may come NW slightly or may developed closed off circulations slightly NW. the band though, and any other subsequent bands will continue to strengthen pretty solidly though

Man its like right there in east hartford.....come on

Archived