Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think around 4-5'' maybe.  Went outside to find a spot to measure but it's a mess...already drifting.  Intensity sort has subsided over the past hour and getting small flakes just getting destroyed by the winds.  My guess is dendrites probably being ripped to shreds until the heavier banding works back in.  

Maybe you can get the Pivot Wizzy

6"? Really? I have 3" max new, and I'm 2 miles north of wachusett. Further south you go the better it gets I guess. Winds have picked up. 11 degrees

It's a definitely pretty drifty with this wind howling, but I took the dog out down the driveway and took a quick walk down the street and it's certainly starting to pile up now.  The neighborhood is exposed to the SE, looking down the hills into some wide open farmland so that might be helping push it up.  It was off and on 'til about 11, but now it seems to really be picking up.  I'm hoping the mountain opens up after they lift the travel ban tomorrow! :ski:

Hopefully a transient feature for our RI friends but almost looks like a 2013 fire hose lite' subsidence zone over center of state

http://radar.weather.gov/ridge/radar.php?product=N0R&rid=box&loop=yes

Also notice what's happening just sW of the western edge of LI.   Quick erosion in intensity...need to watch that and hope it doesn't propagate NE.

Maybe you can get the Pivot Wizzy

I'm beginning to think the chances of that are definitely increasing.  The way everything is looking extreme western CT seems to be falling out of contention for this sort of process and I think this area is far enough east to be in the game...which is perfect b/c on my updated map I did early I highlighted like this area as having best chance!  Now does that mean I will see >24'',..it increase the odds but still not greatly IMO...the next questions are how intense does it actually become?  how long does it stay intense?  and how long does it sit overhead?  

Ray is getting BLITZ'D  same With Scooter in Andover . that is EZ 2/HR stuff in meat of that

Easily, if not more.  Got lights on the deck, and you can pretty much see the snow pile up in some spots with the naked eye.  Drifts are outrageous already.  Fun to watch, that's for sure.  

Ray I don't want to get dinged for posting EC map, someone posted it in the model discussion thread

Generally 2.1-2.5" qpf Boston-Providence and east, > 2.5" in the arm of Cape Cod

The meso continue to not want any part of that overall extent.  HRRR coming in now but they also seem to be pretty clueless to current conditions.

KBOX probably needs to update totals towards the canal and upper cape, James FTW.

Also some potential thunder with this next batch?

Archived