• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Sitting a few miles from Mt. Wachusett and the wind picked up something fierce in the last 30-40 minutes.  Still small, glassy flakes but they're flying.  Looking at around 6" on top of the snow already on the ground IMBY, but those incoming band looks to add to that quickly!

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting a few miles from Mt. Wachusett and the wind picked up something fierce in the last 30-40 minutes.  Still small, glassy flakes but they're flying.  Looking at around 6" on top of the snow already on the ground IMBY, but those incoming band looks to add to that quickly!

6"? Really? I have 3" max new, and I'm 2 miles north of wachusett. Further south you go the better it gets I guess. Winds have picked up. 11 degrees

How much do you have

I think around 4-5'' maybe.  Went outside to find a spot to measure but it's a mess...already drifting.  Intensity sort has subsided over the past hour and getting small flakes just getting destroyed by the winds.  My guess is dendrites probably being ripped to shreds until the heavier banding works back in.  

Just pouring snow right now.  It's when you get the lulls in the wind, which are rare, that you can really see just how much snow is actually falling.  Having trouble seeing across the street to neighbor's house, which I would guess is about 500 feet.  

All of those rain storms where you think "Imagine if this was snow."  Well, here it is. 

I think around 4-5'' maybe.  Went outside to find a spot to measure but it's a mess...already drifting.  Intensity sort has subsided over the past hour and getting small flakes just getting destroyed by the winds.  My guess is dendrites probably being ripped to shreds until the heavier banding works back in.  

I have about the same.

Archived