Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jay the biggest piece of Xanax would be the 0z Euro givin most areas 2" QPF ....all the precip on euro is from 7pm on ...so aside from Cape cod....95% of precip will show with Euro.  IF euro craps out somehow with stall and cuts us to 1.5QPF maxes over SE mass and Cape Cod....the whole entire board will need therapy. YES it would be still be a very good storm, but if everyone gets cut that much...it will be abysmal.

I'm starting to reach into my wallet to buy what Clint has been selling but i'm not there yet. We know GFS is crap fine....nam at 12-18 hours (hmm I can't really toss it that easily) but I can see it off, RGEM ....ummm I don't know....what does CMC/UKIE show ...I'm gonna pour myself a shot or two of Vodka take a sip and a walk

There's really no question on tonight, but as we see models trim to the west that also means the duration here is shorter as the low itself continues to end up further ENE vs the previous run.  So far this is true in every model from the 12z on aside of the 18z NAM (which collapsed east at 0z) and the not yet run 0z Euro.

GFS is a big hit, NAM a big hit, RGEM a big hit.  But at one point I expected significant snows well into the afternoon and evening tomorrow and I'm doubting that in a large way now.  I think the low may be too far ENE but I'm hoping!

Jay the biggest piece of Xanax would be the 0z Euro givin most areas 2" QPF ....all the precip on euro is from 7pm on ...so aside from Cape cod....95% of precip will show with Euro.  IF euro craps out somehow with stall and cuts us to 1.5QPF maxes over SE mass and Cape Cod....the whole entire board will need therapy. YES it would be still be a very good storm, but if everyone gets cut that much...it will be abysmal.

I'm starting to reach into my wallet to buy what Clint has been selling but i'm not there yet. We know GFS is crap fine....nam at 12-18 hours (hmm I can't really toss it that easily) but I can see it off, RGEM ....ummm I don't know....what does CMC/UKIE show ...I'm gonna pour myself a shot or two of Vodka take a sip and a walk

Worst case is 1-2'.

No one is cancelling anything.

So this is what Nemo was like for those in central CT.

Pouring snow from the sky, can't see the traffic light at the end of my street, winds howling, absolutely epic. Not even going to try to do an official total for NWS because I don't have a snowboard or good area to measure(and I can't find my tape measure so might be estimating after a while, my 1' ruler isn't going to last that long), but wow.

Pics and a measurement in a bit.

So this is what Nemo was like for those in central CT.

Pouring snow from the sky, can't see the traffic light at the end of my street, winds howling, absolutely epic. Not even going to try to do an official total for NWS because I don't have a snowboard or good area to measure(and I can't find my tape measure so might be estimating after a while, my 1' ruler isn't going to last that long), but wow.

Pics and a measurement in a bit.

I was in Worcester for Nemo and it was extremely impressive. We had 30" nearly with amazing wind gusts. Was just in awe.

Worst case is 1-2'.

No one is cancelling anything.

I just re-read my post and that was actually my worst post of the day lol , it came out  alarmist, much more so  than I intended originally

I don't see Euro making a big shift. I think it will cut NW edge of QPF decently thou for sure.

I am def. not bullish on the NYC situation. Weenies there are down to less than one hand counting METS who have not thrown in the towel.....Joe B just did ....so they apparently have 2 mets left lol

Archived