• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Forecast/storm discussions and part II Manitoba Mauler

Damage In Tolland

Jay you've made your point clear..you think this area of Ct is going to get dry slotted while areas east and west don't. You're entitled to your thoughts. If the NAM had any support ok..but when the serf's jumped east..that should probably tell us something. But again..we don't know..and probably ..it's time to put down the models anyway and just watch what unfolds

I don't think that at all necessarily I'm being honest too. But it seems undeniable NYC will get involved in the burial, no?

18z NAM QPF... two large metro areas just destroyed.  A Tolland County nightmare.  The NYC battle is amazing... EURO and NAM going big, a lot of other models going quite low.

nam_total_precip_ma_12_zps0b6a110a.png

Thanks, You left some qpf on the table for your brethren to the east here, Take it to hr 54 please, Thanks

honestly I wouldn't be shocked if it setup right on the valley floor, subsidence downsloping and shadowing FTL

call me Debby downer but I've seen it too many times in this area

me too man, i am super nervous.....i just camnot handle another boxing day or jan 05.....both storms promised the world and both were remarkably unimpressive back this way....i mean every forecast i saw this morning including the 3 normally conservative local news stations all forecasted 18 plus....it seems like the window for heavier snows getting shorter and shorter according to necn

I'm not worried one bit by that garbage.LOL..every other piece of useable guidance shifted east and it goes even farther west. There's going to be some disappointed folks to the west of SNE if they are hanging hats on NAM

Haha you seem worried when you are trying to pass off negativity/disappointment on others.

I can't believe I'm missing this potentially historic storm. Cannot get over it. Enjoy guys and take lots of pics and vids

I feel your pain.  I missed many.  Too late to come to town I guess given that the meat and potatoes, the franks AND the beans if you will are coming in as I speak.

That new GYX map looks almost identical to the old one - actually pulls the 24+ line back south a bit, despite references in the AFD to increased totals. Obviously splitting hairs at this point...

Well, in fairness, 24-36 is a ludicrous range. Generally speaking, forecasting that 24"+ of snow will fall in any given storm is usually on the safer end of the betting spectrum. This one certainly has duration on its side in certain areas, but beyond that it's really difficult to set 24" as the "at least" part of your range. 18"-24"? Sure.

I mean, down by me, I don't think I belong in the 24-36 shading either. I should get 48+, if for no other reason than how good I look in that particular shade of purple.