• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Forecast/storm discussions and part II Manitoba Mauler

Damage In Tolland

Down this way, the Euro has had around an inch of precip almost every model run, with 12z increasing it further.  If it busts towards the other guidance, it would be one of the more memorable Euro busts out here I have ever seen.

I can't even find a GFS ensemble members or even a SREF ARW member that shows that much precip reaching the ALB-BTV longtitude. Something funky happened in that run.

So as I see it for up here...

NAM...0.2"

GGEM...0.15"

GFS...0.4"

UKMET...0.1"

ECMWF...1.0"

The King is either a hero or it falls really hard.

FWIW (SREF grain of salt warning) the last SREF run brought .6 to IV4 and has been fairly consistent with a mean of 10 inches or so here.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/fplumes/index.php?YMD=20150126&RT=09&PRM=Total-QPF&SID=1V4&INC=ALL&NNC=&max=&min=&mZOOM=8&mLAT=44.49234506559211&mLON=-72.82372153625488&mTYP=roadmap

Plus the SREF do bring some nice dendrite growth up this way.  I don't look at the SREF for much but I do like the dendrite growth loops.

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/sref/sref.php?run=2015012603&id=SREF_prob_dend_50__

SREF_prob_dend_50__f039.gif

EURO rots the deform band up here. That's ridiculous and I toss. You can see how it lingers QPF up here for several panels.

Anyway, hard numbers are 1.4" for Lewiston and 1.7" for Laconia, 1.0" for MVL. I'll eat my hat if Dryslot only gets 0.4" more QPF than up here. That was a bizarre run.

Who doesn't enjoy a nice meal of hat now and then though? :P

EURO rots the deform band up here. That's ridiculous and I toss. You can see how it lingers QPF up here for several panels.

Anyway, hard numbers are 1.4" for Lewiston and 1.7" for Laconia, 1.0" for MVL. I'll eat my hat if Dryslot only gets 0.4" more QPF than up here. That was a bizarre run.

I actually don't think it's implausible for this to happen. The gradient is so tight, just a 40-50 mile further pivot of the deform zone would do this. And the stronger the system usually the further west that zone sets up vs. guidance. Perhaps the Euro is just ahead of the other models in picking that up?

The stuff you read about from days of yore.

Scooter safe and sound at home tomorrow

Governor Dan Malloy ‏@GovMalloyOffice  20m

ICYMI: Gov. Malloy signed a State of Emergency declaration earlier this morning in preparation for the coming storm http://www.governor.ct.gov/malloy/cwp/view.asp?Q=559968&A=4010 

The CF looks ridiculous for the Boston area on the euro.

I was wondering about that!

That Is a key ingredient for obscene  totals in Boston .....

I was trying to load my fav meso model for CF stuff but the 4KM BTV WRF at 12z won't load for me

Dick Albert (remember him old weenies) is Chuckin em' on Harvey's Twitter

"This storm could be top 5 in Boston.

In addition more snow later in week.

In addition, some of coldest weather in years in early February."