• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Forecast/storm discussions and part II Manitoba Mauler

Damage In Tolland

Just avoided near disaster with the snow blower, chunk of ice jammed the rotary, saw smoke, phew, clean and running like a charm. All preps done, roof rake ready. Let's do this. Yes indeed Ray Ray not only did Jan 05 walk in the door he brought his smoking hot sistah Feb 13. Congrats grasshoppers.

Sometimes these forums make me dizzy. Model trends ticking slightly east, (in regional forums further south) there's endless chatter on "radar and satellite trends" showing this is coming west. Time to sit back and enjoy.

I'm saying ORH has ~50% chance of a top 5 storm (24.7") and 25% chance of all-time status (33").

I really feel like cstl SE MA just away from any CF is going to have stupid totals.

Me too. I think they will be the jackpot too. My gut says those totals will be higher than the deform jack. Mostly because aside from the obscene firehose they get and some OES assistance, the snow there may go pretty strong until late Tuesday night.

I keep telling my parents and everyone back in Brockton that they are probably going to take it on the chin with this one.

Told my father that his snowblower probably isn't tall enough.

Like Will said, I would NOT want to be an OKX guy.

One of their forecasters has been visiting the NYC forum from time to time since yesterday and still seems pretty confident on high totals for their area. He initially said he would have preferred 20-30", but went with the default graphics of the NWS. It's in the storm thread. Certainly a boom or bust scenario shaping up.

God, I hope we don't lose the power here. I don't know if the trees/power lines here will be able to handle all the snow that's anticipated to fall here along with the very strong winds Thankfully, we have a generator but man that thing is heavy as hell. As it looks right now, we might be able to jump out our windows come Wednesday morning to a nice soft landing lol