• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Forecast/storm discussions and part II Manitoba Mauler

Damage In Tolland

I have a question regarding snow growth. Does high winds always mean bad dendrite formations? We have blizzard warnings up for  my hood. Winds gusting to 65mph.

Npot necessarily.  The Dec. 6-7, 2003 storm was one of the windiest I've seen in our somewhat protected (by forest) location, with gusts well into the 30s and much drifting, and it dumped 24" on 1.63" LE, ratio of 14.7.

They'll verifiy 2 feet on central and ERN LI, its NYC they may get killed, but even there I think ends up around 12-14, the RGEM has about that for NYC.

Yeah sorry meant NYC. My sister lives on the West Side and she said folks are literally expecting the storm of their lifetime. Like people brought in sleeping bags to work, they are being told not to go outside after 9pm tonight, stuff like that.

I just think the media could care less what ISP gets for snow if NYC gets a mundane 8" or something, they are going after someone.

And you know everyone saved that 24-36" forecast map from yesterday evening.

Thanks Chris and Scott on the airport update.  Doubt number 1 is the flight even leaves, doubt number 2 is I'm standby.  I may just call it a day and head home.

Worse than being stuck here at the airport while the model consensus is rapidly shifting this to being a mundane experience for GC.  Unless the EC remains steadfast, I'm going to go with <10" for the Pit with a huge and rapid  escalation as you head 50 miles toward HubbDave.

Thanks Chris and Scott on the airport update. Doubt number 1 is the flight even leaves, doubt number 2 is I'm standby. I may just call it a day and head home.

Worse than being stuck here at the airport while the model consensus is rapidly shifting this to being a mundane experience for GC. Unless the EC remains steadfast, I'm going to go with <10" for the Pit with a huge and rapid escalation as you head 50 miles toward HubbDave.

I left out of Worcester last night as I wasn't sure if I would get out this evening; will be watching from SFL.

To a lesser extent, up here in ALB's area too possibly, but much less media here and nothing close to those amounts were forecasted up here outside of the Berks and Litchfield County, CT - ALB's red-headed step-child of a county

I feel bad for the beating OKX is going to take if they only get 5-10"/6-12" of snow in NYC after a forecast of 24-36" within 24 hours of start time.

Fear and loathing on the north and west periphery.  I wonder if I get much more than the guys north of CON and how much more MHT/ASH get.  I've noticed a bunch of times there's a gradient like this forecast and Dendrite gets the same or more than me anyway.

Thanks Chris and Scott on the airport update. Doubt number 1 is the flight even leaves, doubt number 2 is I'm standby. I may just call it a day and head home.

Worse than being stuck here at the airport while the model consensus is rapidly shifting this to being a mundane experience for GC. Unless the EC remains steadfast, I'm going to go with <10" for the Pit with a huge and rapid escalation as you head 50 miles toward HubbDave.

Yeah, Mike. Out here is a huge question mark. I honestly think that we get more than 10". How much more obviously depends on that band and where it rots. I'd love to believe that most models are wrong and we get into the goods, but it's anybody's guess. Personally, if you can get on a plane, do it. ... it's not like we're on the south shore here witnessing a twice in a lifetime event.

God, I hope I'm wrong.

The euro probably caves a bit too.........but we've said that before and it ends up coming in more westward. lol

I think you look good. I'd rather be in interior Rockingham though.

Thanks.  Yeah it's gonna be close...just hope I am on the right side of things lol