• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Forecast/storm discussions and part II Manitoba Mauler

Damage In Tolland

Like Steve alluded to...daydreaming as a youngster drawing maps with today's exact depiction including the cold pressing in. Always have to pinch myself...I'm healthy enough to enjoy this. I feel like I did before a big storm when I was 9...awesome stuff!

I was born in NYC in 1969 (Queens) within a week of the Lynsey storm but wasn't old enough to pinch myself

So when I wondered here why MEX had a snow number of 8 for tomorrow from the 12Z run last Friday maybe the mos uses other than straight op model data.

MOS has a ""memory"...it will try and match similar setups from the past. That's where it can be more useful than actual raw guidance sometimes.

One reason the FWC guidance was pretty good...much better than NGM model itself.

MOS has a ""memory"...it will try and match similar setups from the past. That's where it can be more useful than actual raw guidance sometimes.

One reason the FWC guidance was pretty good...much better than NGM model itself.

And sometimes it's off...it has Montpelier with an 8 and 8, implying 16-20" in north-central VT with this system lol.

And sometimes it's off...it has Montpelier with an 8 and 8, implying 16-20" in north-central VT with this system lol.

Yeah it's not perfect by any means. You obviously don't want to take it by itself...but combined with some other guidance it can be useful.

You guys are in a weird spot for this one. I do think you get at least 6 inches in the hills along the spine. I'm not buying the guidance that has you at .25 QPF or less. East facing slopes will have moisture

left over to wring out of the atmosphere.

Yeah I don't think this will beat Feb 2013 for the widespread 24"+ totals. This feels a bit more like January 2011...maybe slightly better.

It really is amazing the amount of large SNE coastal bombs lately.

It's like run of the mill 6-12" nor'easters have gone out of style...and now you guys get nothing for half a winter followed by a HECS or two.

6z MAV is puking 8's in the snow cats everywhere for 12z tomorrow and 12z Wed. I'll give the old MOS credit...it was piling on the 6s and 8s for awhile before the deterministic models had this.

0z MEX has an 8 for Fri too...

when Jerry posted on Friday what's up with the 8 Mex on Monday when models had scrapes that got my attention

Like Steve alluded to...daydreaming as a youngster drawing maps with today's exact depiction including the cold pressing in. Always have to pinch myself...I'm healthy enough to enjoy this. I feel like I did before a big storm when I was 9...awesome stuff!

I don't think guys much younger than me doodled...probably used some type of tech devices!

We will see how this goes. Convection closer to coast off NC than some of the models right now. I had nightmares about taint last night

You guys are in a weird spot for this one. I do think you get at least 6 inches in the hills along the spine. I'm not buying the guidance that has you at .25 QPF or less. East facing slopes will have moisture

left over to wring out of the atmosphere.

There's a good deal of cold dry arctic air in place up here. There's really pretty weak mid-level forcing by the time it gets up here. Most of the lift is way up there, with dry low levels.

I'd just like 3-4" to get to 70" at home on the season.

We've had a couple good events up here where literally everyone else was pouring rain, so it comes and goes. At least we aren't getting whiffed AND rained on, lol.

Whats's the deal with the 4 km NAM shafting the Berks? wouldn't it take a shift east for that to happen? Also, not really buying any models that shaft SE burbs of Boston. That is historically a sweet spot plus we are already seeing OES echos into that area (even if they are not yet reaching the ground).