• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Road trip help!

Heisy

Planning on heading out from philly tomorrow morning. Cant decide where to go. Looking for advice ill go anywhere in NJ, NY, CT, RI, MA. Thanks!

Worcester would be my pick. Boston would be fine too. Should be plenty of hotels to choose from in both areas. It will be windier at BOS than ORH but I could see ORH getting more snow.

If it were me, I'd need to prepare myself for the likelihood that I'd not get lucky enough to choose the actual bullseye.  I'd probably avoid NJ/NY, because though they are likely to do well, and may even jackpot, there's more uncertainty out that way, and more of a chance that you could really be in the wrong spot.  The Worcester hills are a great choice; there are so many ways for them to do well, and it would just take rotten luck to get really shut out there.  I don't think there are any bad choices in CT/MA/Northern RI.

I think Worchester it will be, EURO concerns me though, NAM puts them in the bullseye. Ugh this is frustrating!

Find somewhere ELEVATED in the CITY. Half the city is like at 500' and the Western and Northern Half and surrounding towns are 800-1050. Better to take advantage of Deep easterly upslope.

Find somewhere ELEVATED in the CITY. Half the city is like at 500' and the Western and Northern Half and surrounding towns are 800-1050. Better to take advantage of Deep easterly upslope.

Elevation prob wont matter that much in this storm...the area you described is best in ORH but in this setup I don't think you;ll see big differences since the mid-level banding will probably be the dominant factor for amounts. The east sloper areas do help though in dryslots like Boxing Day...I remember precip regenerating almost right over ORH in boxing day when just east was siting in the sucker hole so we still got over a foot while it was 6-7" along 495.

Anywhere bewteen ORH, BOS and Taunton is probably just fine. I don't foresee a sucker gole like Boxing Day in this one. It will be more like Feb 2013 where you still get 18"+ outside of the jackpot.

Archived