Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My part of balt not really seeing anything of note.

Same here.  HRRR says we're just about done.  A few hours ago it said we were getting another 4+ inches, but this time I'm more inclined to believe it.

I'm a hair shy of an inch now, and I think I'll probably have about an inch at the end.

one thing that may explain busts up north (if they happen) is that the storm just took off to the NE too fast (fast flow of the winter at work?)

I say it because look at the pressure map and then the 3-hr pressure change map

all the deep pressure changes are to the NE of the slp and have been like that since mid afternoon

http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con.php?image=pr&inv=0&t=cur

http://weather.unisys.com/surface/sfc_con.php?image=3p&inv=0&t=cur

of course, they may not bust, but if the Euro is right, NYC and BOS need around .40" qpf between now and 1AM and surface reports from the past hour are mostly .02" or less/hr.

Pretty good stuff right now. That stationary band over Emmitsburg through Mt Airy is interesting. It's pivoting and you can see it trying to draw a line all the way to BWI. SW of that is filling in nicely.

Yea it's definitely of the accumulating variety. Just wish the precip wasnt so showery in nature. If I can get this for a couple hrs id be content with this system.

Dynamic portion of the storm this evening.  Pretty cool.  22.5F in Clarksburg on stiff NNW winds of 8mph.  1.0" have fallen here since 5pm to go with the 0.8" from the first part of the day/storm.  Heavy but small band just tot he north, should be here in a few minutes...

Archived