SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
1/25-1/27 Clipper-Miller B Obs/Nowcasting

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To folks saying the models are rubbish because they can't pin down potential SN- 12 hours out...  The way I think of it, if a dog is shaking water off its body, it's easy to pinpoint the dog's head, but not so much every flying scrap of fur.  NY-Bos is the head.  We're just a flying scrap of fur on the fringes...

still light/moderate snow - starting to stick - very light dusting on grass atm

Not saying it will be case this time, but this post just gave me flashbacks to the Boxing Day Disaster. In Northwest DC, all night, for hours, there was just a steady, very fine, almost mist-like, snowfall. It was enough to initially leave some hope, but at the end of the night, don't think it ever amounted to more than those wisps of snow left on roads after a brief snow shower. It was almost sort of odd that it could snow for hours, even lightly, and never really amount to anything.

it's only about 0.17" for DCA between 8pm and 4am, but it is pretty evenly divided among the hours and the band is still going when the run ends...RAP fantasy land, but would make a nice evening to get steady accunulating light snow

Maybe the banding along route 50 is an indication that we can get enough banding tonight to get an inch or 2 or with really good ratios a tad more.  I always worry about those banding features but the HRRR has it. 

Archived